Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take the ( 725) call ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 days ago while on the golf course my cell phone rang from (725) area code. Normally I don't take calls that are unfamiliar to me but I knew that was a Las Vegas area code and on the other end
the lady identified herself as DS for Tesla and said those sweet words : " I have Good news for you ..."

Long story short the Dark Knight ( vin #12xx) is now in his castle ( aka my garage).
All the trim fits nicely. THe Model 3 is much more nimble, easier to steer than my P85 but
the P85 is faster overall and more quiet
and rides easier and has better back up camera. But the Model 3 is still very peppy and very responsive 0-30 ,
has good turn radius, easy to maneuver and the front view is much more open.

Now I can't wait for the P version M3 AWD.
I hope you get a call, and you get a call , and you get a call, ...
IMG_6992.jpg

2 days ago while on the golf course my cell phone rang from (725) area code. Normally I don't take calls that are unfamiliar to me but I knew that was a Las Vegas area code and on the other end
the lady identified herself as DS for Tesla and said those sweet words : " I have Good news for you ..."

Long story short the Dark Knight ( vin #12xx) is now in his castle ( aka my garage).
All the trim fits nicely. THe Model 3 is much more nimble, easier to steer than my P85 but
and rides easier and has better back up camera. But the Model 3 is still very peppy and very responsive 0-30 ,

View attachment 268287
Congrats! I could have configured a Model 3 before Thanksgiving but my wife wants to wait for the AWD/P version so June at earliest. Nice to see owners finally getting their Model 3’s.

View attachment 268287
Congratulations. I have been curious about the rear camera quality differences, might you please elaborate on what is different and why the MS appears superior? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations. I have been curious about the rear camera quality differences, might you please elaborate on what is different and why the MS appears superior? Thanks in advance!

The M3 rear camera has a fisheye lens so the picture is somewhat distorted especially at the edges -circular. The picture quality is darker and less sharp.
The MS rear camera has a more natural image ( less distortion) and much brighter picture with better resolution. Better overall.
But hey, we're driving 99% forward and that's where the fun is; Model 3 = PEPPY & handles much easier, and you can see a lot more of the road in front of you over the shorter hood , much Better
(but a slightly rougher ride quality and a tad more road noise. YRMV)
Hope you get "the (725) call" soon.

Last edited:
The M3 rear camera has a fisheye lens so the picture is somewhat distorted especially at the edges -circular. The picture quality is darker and less sharp.
The MS rear camera has a more natural image ( less distortion) and much brighter picture with better resolution. Better overall.
But hey, we're driving 99% forward and that's where the fun is; Model 3 = PEPPY & handles much easier, and you can see a lot more of the road in front of you over the shorter hood , much Better
(but a slightly rougher ride quality and a tad more road noise. YRMV)
Hope you get "the (725) call" soon.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like they chose the wider angle (fisheye) to make backing up more knowledgeable of the surroundings at the cost of a sharper more conventional angle. If I'm right, This would be a better experience when reversing and a worse experience when driving forward but looking at the rear camera? Seems like Tesla had their reasons. What vintage MS are you comparing to? AP1, AP2, AP2.5?

Congrats kwoo4424! Does your M3 seem easier to park without worrying about scrapping the front bumper? That's my only gripe about the MS.... the longish nose and low bumper.....

Funny you should mention that because yes I have scraped my front bumper on the Right edge of my garage because of the
long MS snout .... While actually driving the Model 3 you see so much more in front of you rather than the MS.

Congratulations!
Would you please do me a favor and post a photo of the trunk with your golf bag in it? I'm very curious how it will fit.

Sorry for the night photo -- you can fit one golf bag in easily diagonally without dropping either 60/40 split seats. If you want to carry

more golf bags I would imagine dropping the 40 split side and stack them up. YRMV

IMG_7042.jpg

[ What vintage MS are you comparing to? AP1, AP2, AP2.5?[/QUOTE]

I am comparing my current Model 3 ( 18" aeros) to P85 ( 21" turbines) with AP1 / coil suspension
however the ride comparison is noticeable in just day to day non AP driving.
Even my wife notices the smoother ride difference between MS (P85) and M3. MS is quieter in regards to road and wind noise.
IMO the MS is a better touring car ( quieter/ smoother ride) while the M3 is more maneuverable/ nimble/ easier to park. IMO

Sorry for the night photo -- you can fit one golf bag in easily diagonally without dropping either 60/40 split seats. If you want to carry

more golf bags I would imagine dropping the 40 split side and stack them up. YRMV

View attachment 268456
Thanks for posting the pic! I just finalized my order yesterday. Same Color as yours.

As a golf junky, fitting the bag was one of my bigger concerns. Seems like there might even be room for a push cart and a bag.

Normally I don't take calls that are unfamiliar to me but I knew that was a Las Vegas area code and on the other end
I like it better in the original King James Version: "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy..." (Luke 2:10) Particularly appropriate this time of year. Cheers! :)