TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

taking a moment from my deep thought to say hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jerjozwik, May 12, 2014.

1. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

hi, me and the wife are very seriously considering a model s for our future car.

i guess ill give a little background?
    currently we have 2 electric golf carts, a 2013 honda fit ev and a 2013 fiat 500e. we have very much been absorbed into the electric vehicle way of life. sadly the honda is lease only and we will need to find a replacement. [the fiat, while good, is not something i would consider for after lease purchase] thats where the model s is starting to shine. the wife wanted to wait for the gen III, but the timing does not seem right. also i would need something to drive soon after.

along with the two golf carts, i own a supercharged miata race car, a 1964 dodge panel wagon 4x4, and a 1968 nsu prinz shell that i have dreams of electrifying.

ive joned the forum to read peoples opinions and issues, if any, with the model s. also to see owner photos of things like the seat coverings and options.

anyway... ive scheduled a test drive and am waiting for tesla to respond. im also thinking about heading over to the beverly hills tesla showroom, which i hear is much larger than the single car 3rd street showroom.

2. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Welcome to the forums. Taking a test drive is definitely worth trying. Btw, how do you like your Honda Fit EV?

3. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Once you drive it, you won't want to set foot in another car--------------ever. :rolleyes: Have fun and share your thoughts afterwards on this thread.

4. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

i 100% love it, the extremely practical and makes enough power to be an absolute hoot to drive. the only thing i have issues with are the HORRIBLE low rolling resistance tires. its really easy to spin the tires over any and all painted stop lines.

i was lucky enough to be passanger in a p85 driving around pismo beech. that was fun :D.

the p85 is 100% out of the question. im trying to figure out how many of the options i could swing, or would be worth it, for the 85kwh model. the 60kwh seems non-applicable to me.