TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Taking Delivery @ Factory - what are my chances date will be changed?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by wq2345, Feb 28, 2014.

1. wq2345

wq2345 Member

Ordered: 1/18, Confirmed: 1/19, VIN: 2/?, Current (2/28) Status: Sourcing Parts.

9 days ago I was contacted by to schedule my delivery date/tour at the factory for March 20th.
    Since I'm out of the country from March 21-30th, I scheduled for Monday March 31st.
    Flying up from Southern California, bought our plane tickets, etc. Plan to supercharge it back the same day.

What do people think is the likelihood the factory tour/delivery date will change?
    In recent months, has anyone had their factory tour/delivery date change?

I know that last year, changes were common and all over the place, however, it seems that in recent months things have been more stable. Some deliveries to folks have been adjusted because of transit times, but I would hope that the factory tour/delivery date would hold steady.

Clearing out a whole day in my schedule at the last moment is truly not feasible, so I'm really hoping that when they say March 31st it will stay that way.
    Also, my hope is that since this date is the last of the quarter, they will want to stick to delivering it in March and not pushing it to April.

Thoughts?

Formerly: 2000 Honda Civic GX, 2000 Toyota Camry CNG, 2008 MiniE, 2012 BMW ActiveE

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

10 days of slop--sounds fine. Enjoy the factory tour, and don't forger to bring the fabulous delivery checklist along.

3. wq2345

wq2345 Member

I assume you mean this one: http://nickjhowe.com/tesla/modelsguide.html

Is there time to do all of that at the factory?

4. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

They usually give everyone about an hour to hour and a half to go over everything. Your DS will send you some videos to watch to help you familiarize yourself with all the controls etc about a week before delivery. If you watch them you'll have plenty of time to go step by step over the checklist ^^^^

5. muleferg

muleferg Member

6. wq2345

wq2345 Member

Very good into Alysashley79 & muleferg. Hard not to get even more excited about the car after watching the video!!

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

That's the one. Seems like a lot but after reading up here you will find that it all goes pretty quick.

8. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member