TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Taking delivery in a state without a store

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Vic_F, May 12, 2018.

1. Vic_F

Vic_F Member

We will be moving to Boise soon and would like to pay sales tax in Idaho vs. our current state. Has anyone in Boise taken delivery in Portland or Salt Lake? The remote delivery transfers liability for issues to the 3rd party transport which could be a nightmare. Advice appreciated.

2. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

I live in RI without a store. They are doing home delivery to avoid out of state taxes.

3. djplong

djplong Member

Same story in New Hampshire. Big truck pulls up in front of your house and leaves a car behind.

4. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

I just got an update. I can go to Mt. Kisco, NY to pick it up instead of home delivery. Should save me a few days of waiting.