Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery in a week, best insurance company?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that a one who is eligible for USAA and has insurance with any other insurance company is probably making a mistake.

It's not that easy to compare, depends on each person's situation. My house is with State Farm, as well as two other vehicles; so a multi-line discount, low annual mileage discount, Drive Safe & Save discount, and so forth. Six month quote last week: $344 for 6 Months, which they've invoiced @ $302.46 due to a "Covid-19 dividend": (when replacing policy on 80K miles 2016 VW Sportwagen in March, cost for new M3 coverage was the same)

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 5.48.43 PM.png

(policy is written in Florida)

It's not that easy to compare, depends on each person's situation. My house is with State Farm, as well as two other vehicles; so a multi-line discount, low annual mileage discount, Drive Safe & Save discount, and so forth. Six month quote last week: $344 for 6 Months, which they've invoiced @ $302.46 due to a "Covid-19 dividend": (when replacing policy on 80K miles 2016 VW Sportwagen in March, cost for new M3 coverage was the same)

View attachment 582128

(policy is written in Florida)
Of course, one should have homeowners (or renters) insurance and auto insurance with the same company when possible. That's why I have both with USAA.

I have State Farm. I had GEICO once on one of my "fun cars" and it was a huge mistake. Tried everything to pinch pennies on my BMW M3 repair and would try to get or only pay the price for aftermarket body parts everything they could.

Been there, done that...never again.
If you want a less expensive "insurance card" in your pocket, go with GEICO. Was former customer for long time.
If you want to be returned whole without hassle when the unspeakable things happen, go elsewhere and pay a little more.
Had uninsured 'dweeb' running a red light totaled my German made P******, fortunately walked away without a scratch. GEICO wanted to just fix the bent chassis, etc. Then seriously undervalued totaled car. GEICO is "great" until you actually need them.

Changed to AMICA 10+ years ago and no regrets (and had lesser claim event with them).
Current M3P is $1100/yr for full coverage $500 deduct / $500K coverages all-around and waiver of collision w- uninsured (but multi-policy including $xM umbrella) in SF Bay Area w- clean record, not young

Also something else to think about when choosing liability limits (coming from the medical field)....
if one is responsible for an accident with 1, 2, 3+ people seriously injured, medical expenses can rack up seriously into the mid 6 figures and beyond (not to mention the expensive cars out on the road, Tesla included). You seriously do not want to be underinsured just to save you a couple of Vente Lattes a year. ;-)

Happy shopping!

Reactions: Sbyrd24
I’m brand new here. First post! I’m in a similar situation. I got my vin Sunday and my car is ready by Friday. I had quotes ready until i had my vin number. The quote from liberty more than doubled after i got the vin. From 115 to 256.. the rep was even confused and said he’s never seen that before and doesn’t know why that happened. Everywhere i put my vin all insurance seems to be 230-290 per month!

idk if it’s my age 27, or an error, or My area. I’m in the NY Metro area...
It’s a standard model 3 lease(maybe this is why?) SR+. I’m trying to see what my other options might be. Any advice helps.

Like many here, I was insured with Geico. I've been a long time customer (11 yrs) and bundled both homeowners and auto insurance with them. Then, when I was about to take delivery of the M3P, they increased my rate over $1000 for 6-months! No reason, super clean driving record.

I spoke with the local bodyshop and asked what companies are good to deal with on their end, i.e. getting paid, use of OEM parts, etc. They recommended a few and told me to stay away from Allstate, they are a nightmare to work with. Good info, because they were on my list. Shopped around and was able to get a good quote from State Farm for both auto and homeowners insurance.