Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery in a week or so! Quick question on 21 vs 22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, sounds like I'm taking delivery of my new Model Y LR here in about a week. My wife has a 2021 Y LR (about a year old). Am I correct in saying I should see the new matrix headlights, door panels, and laminated rear windows upon delivery? Any other noteworthy changes I should see on my first drive? Suspension changes, cargo cover? I searched like crazy to find 2022 "changes" but most seemed like things I wouldn't notice vs my wife's Y.

Thanks for the help guys! Just want to be sure I know what new goodies I'm looking for when I see this bad boy!

22' will have non-matrix lights. Only a small number got matrix due to shortages. Thus you may or may not, prob not so don't get your hopes up just in case. The 22 is a lot better than 21 just by its use of the Ryzen MCU, then there's the door cards, Bio filter, 12v lithium battery.

Reactions: Gsxr150
22' will have non-matrix lights. Only a small number got matrix due to shortages. Thus you may or may not, prob not so don't get your hopes up just in case. The 22 is a lot better than 21 just by its use of the Ryzen MCU, then there's the door cards, Bio filter, 12v lithium battery.
Thanks for the message! So, won't get my hopes up for the new headlights. Other than that, on the "feeling" or "driveability" standpoint, just the doors, hu?