Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

taking delivery of 2017 X 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery on Friday. Is there anything I should be checking for specifically? I looked through the checklists but they're geared for newer models.

I heard that I can't test drive the car. If so, how can I check for the shudder issue while driving?
Also, what's the word on MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade? I heard if it fails under warranty, they replace MCU1 with MCU2?

Is there an accessory list available for the X (cargo net, etc)? I want to make sure that's all included.

Take a tire depth gauge with you. I wish I had done that in May when I bought my 17 100D. 3 of my 4 tires were in the “yellow” range of the gauge. They should’ve been replaced before the car was put up for sale. And I should have maybe walked away but I hated to do it based on just the tires and, at that time, I was basing my judgment of the depth by feel. Turns out I was right. Also, you’ll get the key before you sign anything, so open all the doors and windows and make sure they close properly (and quietly). You won’t get a new MCU unless the one your car has is non-functional. You won’t be able to check for the shudder but, like me, you’ll be able to get it fixed under warranty. As far as accessories, if it isn’t in the car, you’re probably not going to get it. I was hoping mine would have a sunshade. It didn’t. I asked if they had one laying around but I got a polite “no”. Same will apply for the cargo net. If you’re car is supposed to have the tow package, make sure you have the kit bag, along with the key to it.

Oh...and congrats!

Reactions: VikH
To add make sure it has the “uncork” feature added ..to clarify under warranty you won’t get mcu2 replacement ..not sure your build date ..but if after ~8/17 u should have AP2.5

Take a tire depth gauge with you. I wish I had done that in May when I bought my 17 100D. 3 of my 4 tires were in the “yellow” range of the gauge. They should’ve been replaced before the car was put up for sale. And I should have maybe walked away but I hated to do it based on just the tires and, at that time, I was basing my judgment of the depth by feel. Turns out I was right. Also, you’ll get the key before you sign anything, so open all the doors and windows and make sure they close properly (and quietly). You won’t get a new MCU unless the one your car has is non-functional. You won’t be able to check for the shudder but, like me, you’ll be able to get it fixed under warranty. As far as accessories, if it isn’t in the car, you’re probably not going to get it. I was hoping mine would have a sunshade. It didn’t. I asked if they had one laying around but I got a polite “no”. Same will apply for the cargo net. If you’re car is supposed to have the tow package, make sure you have the kit bag, along with the key to it.

Oh...and congrats!

Thanks, good call on the tire gauge. I doubt they will change tires unless it gets below a certain threshold like 4/32.

How much do replacement tires go for? That's probably gonna be another good chunk of change.

I'm taking delivery on Friday. Is there anything I should be checking for specifically? I looked through the checklists but they're geared for newer models.

I heard that I can't test drive the car. If so, how can I check for the shudder issue while driving?
Also, what's the word on MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade? I heard if it fails under warranty, they replace MCU1 with MCU2?

Is there an accessory list available for the X (cargo net, etc)? I want to make sure that's all included.

If you're not a jerk about it, you can certainly persuade them to let you drive the car before you sign the paperwork. It's a YMMV thing.

This is a used car you are buying. Just like buying at Joe's used car lot. If the previous owner took something from the car, it likely will not be replaced. Certain items that were original will not transfer with the car like free Supercharing. It is up to you to check it over thoroughly. Again, think Joe's used car lot.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA