Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery of inventory X, things to look for

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of an Inventory Model X with VIN 6800-ish, which I believe was produced around June. The X has 2000 miles on it. From what I understand the door sensors have already been changed / fixed. Getting service is not super easy, as I am 90 miles from the nearest SC. I would rather pick up anything that may need to be adjusted / fixed at the time of delivery. Could you please let me know things that you found at delivery that had to be fixed, so I can check for them?

Thank you, appreciate it.

i am happy with inventory X that i have had for a couple months. Issues I had, included squeaking second row seats when moving forward. There will be nicks in paint and interior wood. Small blemishes sales tells you it is mint, delivery says that sales is sales. They had to change out my suspension just before pick up. That delayed me by a week on delivery. They did do a little touch up paint for me ( they didn't have to) and have even ordered a new piece of interior wood. I live near a service center so i had no issues bringing it in to fix seat noise.

Thank you. We picked up the X 3 days ago. We love it, and it is the perfect vehicle for out family. The car with it's 2000 miles all in all is in better shape than I was fearing. It looks like it was sitting on the floor as the walk in demo. The leather on the door jam, particularly on the driver's side has significantly worn down from I what I figure were myriads of people getting in and out, kind of like someone took course sandpaper to it. Also, quick question, the second row seats shift slightly on deceleration and acceleration. Is that normal, or something that should adjusted?

Reactions: ModelX