Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery of Model Y Red after 3 days placing order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This thread was moved from the Model S forum.

Hello,

I an excited to take delivery on my new Tesla Model Y. It is my 1st Tesla so really excited joining the Tesla Fam. One thing though, I placed order on 7/28 and yesterday got called that have the Tesla MY ready for delivery on 08/01. I ordered MY Red Long Range with Black interior, Taking delivery in Dublin, Ca. Is this the new norm for Tesla MY deliveries now? when i placed the order it says 5-8 weeks? Hopefully it is not a refused delivery due to factory defects. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Model S forum, and I've never seen a Model Y in person here in PA. (Plenty of S and 3 around, with an occasional X.)

But it sure sounds like you're getting existing inventory rather than a "freshly built" car - there's only so many ways to build a Y based on interior/exterior color, LR vs Performance, and "FSD" is a software toggle - they are all built with the same hardware so it would make sense to fill your order with existing inventory.

I suppose you could check the door jamb sticker to see when it was built, but that won't tell you if it's been offered and refused already. Thoroughly examine the paint - since paint would be the most invasive type of fix if it is needed.

This is the Model S forum, and I've never seen a Model Y in person here in PA. (Plenty of S and 3 around, with an occasional X.)

But it sure sounds like you're getting existing inventory rather than a "freshly built" car - there's only so many ways to build a Y based on interior/exterior color, LR vs Performance, and "FSD" is a software toggle - they are all built with the same hardware so it would make sense to fill your order with existing inventory.

I suppose you could check the door jamb sticker to see when it was built, but that won't tell you if it's been offered and refused already. Thoroughly examine the paint - since paint would be the most invasive type of fix if it is needed.

Saw my first Y on my way home yesterday. Besides the ones I saw at the delivery center.

I'm in Hawaii and I have seen half a dozen Model Y's. They're out there and I certainly wouldn't get too overly worried. But previous commentors are correct, show up ready knowing what to look for. If you're happy with the car, then ENJOY THE ROAD!!