TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Taking delivery of MX

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Tzlazrgr8, Mar 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tzlazrgr8

Tzlazrgr8 Member

I live about 130 miles from the service center. Probably have to do a one-way car rental and getting a ride from the Enterprise guys to Tesla SC (about 5-10 minutes away).

How did you guys that are not close to the SC do it? Do I have any other options?

Hate to take our car there and have my wife drive one car and I drive the other back home. We would like to enjoy the new Model X together for the first time.

2. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

Your plan sounds like the best option unless you have a REALLY good friend who likes to drive.

3. ToddS

ToddS Member

Is that too far for Uber? We are only like 10 miles, but that is what we did.

4. InsaneDriver

InsaneDriver Member

We were actually driven by the local sales center. One of their sales associates picked us up at our house and drove us to the SC in a Tesla of course. The were great and the drive up was a great opportunity to get to know the car even more.

• Informative x 1
  5. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

I've driven a buddy from Pittsburgh to Columbus twice to have work done on this Polaris Slingshot. Ask around. You might be surprised who would help you out and drive you and your wife to the SC. Buy him breakfast on the way.

6. voltaren

voltaren Member

How far were you from the SC? I've not heard of this as an option - awfully generous of Tesla.