Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking delivery of my Model S today but.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am supposed to receive my Model S today but Tesla did not have a way to haul it down here and a third party carrier would take 7 to 10 days to deliver it to me. I am a little over 200 miles away from the San Antonio Tesla location and was
asked permission for them to drive the car to me. I feel like I had no choice and now I wait for them to drive it here.

This just seems very poor delivery service on Tesla's part. My first Tesla that I received in December, 2012 was delivered with no hitches and I received a brand new car that was wrapped in a protective material. Now I am getting one that has been on the road, bugs and all. I'm not a happy camper but I want the car.

So I am supposed to receive my Model S today but Tesla did not have a way to haul it down here and a third party carrier would take 7 to 10 days to deliver it to me. I am a little over 200 miles away from the San Antonio Tesla location and was
asked permission for them to drive the car to me. I feel like I had no choice and now I wait for them to drive it here.

This just seems very poor delivery service on Tesla's part. My first Tesla that I received in December, 2012 was delivered with no hitches and I received a brand new car that was wrapped in a protective material. Now I am getting one that has been on the road, bugs and all. I'm not a happy camper but I want the car.
So no option to go pick it up?

Probably due to end of quarter "rush" to deliver, as today is the last day of the quarter, and they cannot find any hauler to bring it to you in time. You can always take delivery next week if this bother you too much. They asked for your permission and you ok it. So why complain about it?

Tesla also delivered our car last week by driving it to my office. It was probably due to the EoQ madness, they tried to deliver many cars asap.

I was worried a little, so when the driver called I asked him please be careful driving the car.

The car arrived without problem, and the driver was very nice!

He was actually a Trainer of the Service Managers, and he volunteered to help deliver the car to me. He was knowledgable, walked us through the functions of the car, and answered all our questions.

There were, two or three, bugs on the front bumper. I just used a Meguiar Quick Detailer to wipe them off, and all was well.

Since it is an EV car, I don't need to worry about the 'ICE engine break-in mileage.' That is another thing I love about EV cars.

No sweat, once you have the car you will love it. :)

Okay...I admit it. .I was whining over something stupid. I was grateful to have the Rangers bring my car to me and I am totally thrilled.
The Car is BEAUTIFUL. I received it at 7:20 pm this evening and got to park it in the garage and doodle with some of the settings. I can't wait to take it out for a nice ride tomorrow. What a great car! It feels great to be back in a Tesla!

I'm a happy camper again.