Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery Question

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
I just got the invite to configure my car and the estimated time for delivery is 3-6 weeks. I might be on vacation during that time. Does any know if Tesla is okay with you delaying the pick up date?

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
i dont see why it would matter? they will probably just set a later delivery date for you. from when they called me to when i picked up the car, it was about 2 weeks in advance.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
Is the destination charge the same ($1000) regardless if your Model 3 is picked up in Fremont, Seattle, Boston, Florida, etc?
From what I understand it's the same charge. Which makes no sense since I will be picking it up at the Fremont factory, but I still have to pay the $1k.

untilcomplete

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
I've heard if you don't pick your vehicle up in the specified window they give you, they assign the vin to someone else. Be careful about ordering and being away during that 3-6 delivery window..

drawfour

Mar 10, 2018
Seattle, WA
I just got the invite to configure my car and the estimated time for delivery is 3-6 weeks. I might be on vacation during that time. Does any know if Tesla is okay with you delaying the pick up date?
No, it's not OK with Tesla to change the delivery date. You should read the purchase contract. I believe it states that they will give you a week window. If you need to reschedule, that VIN will go to someone else who has that config, and you'll be put back in the line for another VIN.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC