Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking driver seat apart?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Anyone got any advice or instructions for taking the driver seat apart? I want to try and get to the springs in the seat back?

They are making a noise like creaking under my weight as I pull away and stop should be an easy fix I think providing I can get into everything

Hi

Anyone got any advice or instructions for taking the driver seat apart? I want to try and get to the springs in the seat back?

They are making a noise like creaking under my weight as I pull away and stop should be an easy fix I think providing I can get into everything

It might not actually be inside the seat. I had a similar noise in my old S, drove me nuts for months. I happened to be in the SC for something unrelated and asked them about it. 5 minute fix. Apparently my problem was common, and they knew exactly how to fix it. My point is, it is worth it to at least ask about it, before embarking on something tedious.

It might not actually be inside the seat. I had a similar noise in my old S, drove me nuts for months. I happened to be in the SC for something unrelated and asked them about it. 5 minute fix. Apparently my problem was common, and they knew exactly how to fix it. My point is, it is worth it to at least ask about it, before embarking on something tedious.

Did they tell you what they did to fix the issue?

Yeah fixed it in no time once I’d tracked it down SC was useless.

A60D4804-6A89-42EE-BA30-DE2D5AA75287.jpeg

Basically the joint in the above pic is where the noise came from for me I used silicon spray but it wore off after a couple weeks, then tried a spray lithium grease and that seems to have worked so far, give it a good spray to make sure it gets in and behind the clip and in the hole “so to speak”

Where is that joint? Is that right above the bolt that holds the seat to the floor? Do I need to take apart the seat to get line of sight to this? Or can I just remove a cover part? From the picture looks like lots of covers were removed.

Nevermind. I fixed my seat! I looked between my seat and center console and it was pretty dusty in there. I wedged a rag in the gap and slid the seat forward and backward. A cover on the seat mount to floorboard came off. I resnapped it back on and the sound is gone. Not sure which fixed it but I'm glad the noise is gone