TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Taking kids to delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by fseir, Mar 28, 2018.

1. fseir

fseir Member

This has probably been discussed before, but my quick search turned up a bunch of unrelated radio flyer threads.

Does Tesla frown on owners bringing youngish kids to new deliveries? My son is 7, and well behaved, but like me, he gets excited by shiny new toys, and will probably have a few questions. I’d really like to share the experience with him, though, as someday this may be his first car. Also a good opportunity to teach sustainability and the rest of the Tesla ethos!

2. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I don't think they'd have an issue with that. When they called me to schedule delivery, they asked if I wanted to bring guests with me (up to 4). I asked if they had to be family and they said there's no restrictions on who it can be.

• Helpful x 3
  3. montreid

montreid Member

Brought teenager kids -- they brought their phones. Boring until the car portion -- that's when they got engaged and interested and loved it.

• Like x 1
  4. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

I probably won't bring my boys (5, 5, 7), but that's a parental judgment based on the fact that they would be all over other people's cars, not to mention they would be bored out of their minds during the whole process. They can enjoy daddy's new toy when I get home!

• Helpful x 1
  5. fseir

fseir Member

I think I would have felt differently, when he was 5, but we've talked so much about Teslas and EVs, that I think he'd really be bummed if I didn't bring him along.

I'll bring the iPad for the boring parts. ;)

• Like x 1
  6. erthquake

erthquake Active Member

#6 erthquake, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    I'd like to bring my kids too, but then I'd have to bring their car seats and seat protectors, which would be a big pain. I don't think it'd be cool for me to bring them if they couldn't ride home in it with me.

• Like x 1
  7. fseir

fseir Member

Good point. Luckily the 7 year old sits in just the bottom part of a booster seat. So easy to throw in the backseat (on a seat protector, of course), no LATCH or anything (I remember those good old days!).

8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I took my dear daughters (8 and 6 at the time). A fun day out for the kids, and our local service centre is super friendly.

• Like x 4
  9. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Brought the kids now 8 and 5 both times. They love going to the Tesla store.

• Like x 3
  10. Carotene

Carotene Member

I say yes! Involve him in the process. It's all new to him so it won't be boring.I'm sure he'll have lots of questions which will pass the time. IMO it's a great father-son opportunity.

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. culverwood

culverwood Member

Took my 4 year old grandson, he named the car and got some loot - happy boy.:)

• Like x 2
  12. fseir

fseir Member

Oh yah, forgot about the mini M3 — he’ll love that!

13. kosarfan

kosarfan Member

Took my 7 year old last year - he loved it and the Tesla SC was awesome about it! They got him a soft drink, gave him some kids stuff to do (kids activity sheet). He rode home in the jump seats and loved the excursion with dad! I recommend taking them (note: I didn’t take all 4 kids! The 5, 3, and 1 yr old started home with mom).

• Like x 1
  14. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

I didn't get to bring my girls with me on my delivery (flew to Phoenix and road tripped back to StL), but I did take them with me when I reserved the M3 (the youngest would have been 10 then), and have taken them to the SC multiple times - they love it and are excited any time they get to go. Never miss an opportunity to expose them to the future!

• Like x 2
  15. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

I brought my 13 yo boy who, after seeing the other cars, kept trying to convince me I'd picked the wrong color :(. I should have made him walk home.

• Funny x 10
  16. Bluewish

Bluewish Member

There is no problem with that. I brought 2 kids (2 and 6) with me. The DS offered them paper and crayons but they preferred to climb up and down, in and out our vehicle to play.

• Like x 1
  17. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Has anyone taken their cat to delivery? I'm considering taking mine if they allow it.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Hmm. After reading a few of these posts, it is making me reconsider my decision not to bring my boys.

19. outie

outie Active Member

Bring the kids and share the excitement.

When I went to check out the X before buying it in 2016, I took my 3yo and infant. I was going on a test drive and didn’t want to put in her car seat so I told her to wait there with other family members. She was crying so badly and wanted to tag along so badly. Ended up transferring the car seat over.

Then delivery came and I brought them again. The toddler had a lot of fun and shared our excitement, well until we had to leave without the car because of FWD failure.

We’ll be picking up our new X tomorrow and I am bringing the 2 kids again. The infant is almost 2 and I am sure she will have fun too.

• Love x 1
  20. fataldeadlock

fataldeadlock Member

I will be taking my 2 year old daughter to pick up our CPO Model S this weekend. She gets really excited to ride in Daddy's fast RX-8, and making motoring sounds. I can't wait to see her reaction when she is silently launched to 60 in the Model S. Hopefully she will be in a good mood while we scour the car before delivery.