Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking kids to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 6 3/4-old (as she self-identifies) and her first-grade friends have a variation on the old Punch Bug game, where they will see who can yell "Tesla!" first when someone spots a Tesla. There are many in my neck of the woods though, you can't go three minutes without seeing one during morning drop-off's.

So even the little kids here still get excited about them; though I picked mine up on a weekday so couldn't arrange to bring the kids or wife. The delivery guy did help me with taking some selfies of me with the car...

What kind of cat? I hear they are cool with bringing pet tigers, but they don't want people to bring their regular house cats. Probably because those would just be a snack for the tigers...
172a0fa935010e532df8ac70799c0a17--funny-cats-funny-animals.jpg

So even the little kids here still get excited about them; though I picked mine up on a weekday so couldn't arrange to bring the kids or wife. The delivery guy did help me with taking some selfies of me with the car...

That's the thing -- whenever I get the invitation and finally take delivery... My daughter will be 6, my son probably 3. It will be be boring for them for most of it, except for actually getting in the car and driving off. I'd love to have a family photo, but I also have to deal with getting the LATCH car seats installed, which can take some time...

My current car is a 2004 Acura MDX and my wife has a 2010 Prius, so we didn't bother trying to find out if there is anything to protect the seats from the car seats. I know they can get pinched and leave markings since the seats are cinched down so tightly. So definitely want some kind of padding.

That's the thing -- whenever I get the invitation and finally take delivery... My daughter will be 6, my son probably 3. It will be be boring for them for most of it, except for actually getting in the car and driving off. I'd love to have a family photo, but I also have to deal with getting the LATCH car seats installed, which can take some time...

My current car is a 2004 Acura MDX and my wife has a 2010 Prius, so we didn't bother trying to find out if there is anything to protect the seats from the car seats. I know they can get pinched and leave markings since the seats are cinched down so tightly. So definitely want some kind of padding.
Here’s what we use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000083GHY/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks everyone. I will most definitely take the rugrat along for delivery! ;)

Tangentially related question: does anyone know if the front seat headrests are adjustable? Wondering if a front seat-back protector would work? Most of them need to strap around the metal posts of the headrest, but in all of the photos I've seen of the front seats, the headrests seem to be all the way down (so you can't see any posts). Here's what I'm thinking of buying to keep the seatbacks free of tiny footprints:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQODEU..._rd_r=J3WZTTJB4MJDC971YD21&pd_rd_w=WvlmS&th=1

91MR9ATxavL._SX522_.jpg

Thanks everyone. I will most definitely take the rugrat along for delivery! ;)

Tangentially related question: does anyone know if the front seat headrests are adjustable? Wondering if a front seat-back protector would work? Most of them need to strap around the metal posts of the headrest, but in all of the photos I've seen of the front seats, the headrests seem to be all the way down (so you can't see any posts). Here's what I'm thinking of buying to keep the seatbacks free of tiny footprints:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQODEU..._rd_r=J3WZTTJB4MJDC971YD21&pd_rd_w=WvlmS&th=1

91MR9ATxavL._SX522_.jpg
Headrests aren't adjustable. You'll need the top strap to be long and/or stretchy. Here's what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7M7CLA

I take delivery April 5 and will report back on how well they work.

• Informative
Reactions: Asad1087 and fseir
Headrests aren't adjustable. You'll need the top strap to be long and/or stretchy. Here's what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7M7CLA

I take delivery April 5 and will report back on how well they work.
Good to know. Kind of weird not having adjustable headrests.

In some of the images of the Brica, the top strap looks like rubber or elastic, but in others, including some of the user photos, it looks like it's canvas, like the one I posted above.

Please do let us know how that works out for you. Thanks!

On a curious note the center arm rest in the model S is just wide enough to fit an iPad horizontally propped up so so that kids can watch it in the back seat. We use a head phone splitter for headphones and they watch movies when we go to Legoland and Disneyland (or any long drive).

• Helpful
Reactions: fseir
Good to know. Kind of weird not having adjustable headrests.

In some of the images of the Brica, the top strap looks like rubber or elastic, but in others, including some of the user photos, it looks like it's canvas, like the one I posted above.

Please do let us know how that works out for you. Thanks!

The Audi A4 Sport had or has static headrests. I think I found the Brica rec on an Audi forum.

We brought our 2 little ones (just barely 6 and 8) and they were fine. There were quite a few other kids there as well. It was a really neat experience for them. I'm so excited for you.

I just ordered the Brica seat back protector. I will report back on how well they work.
Delivery went well. Son loved the matchbox M3 and the glass roof! Also happy to report no major problems with my car, so far!

I can now confirm that there is a tiny gap between the headrest and the seat, where you could probably jam the upper strap... but not sure I want to do that, because I think it would eventually damage the seating material from friction. So I’m not sure what I’m going to do about seatback protectors...

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake