Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Model 3 to the Track

Are you planning to track your Model 3?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Maybe - hesitant about if the car can handle it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - not very into tracking/never done it before

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No - no interest in tracking my car

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No - warranty concerns

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kbecks13

Dec 27, 2017
SoCal
Alright everyone! I'm super curious to see what the distribution is for various people on this forum in terms of tracking your Model 3.

What's the general feeling for taking a Model 3 to the track? Any concerns about reliability or safety?

Let's discuss!

Already have twice. You just have to consider that your regular insurance won't cover you on the track so a track policy is wise. Also if you break something on the track there is a chance that Tesla won't cover it. I'm not worried about breaking the motors or something but rather damaging the smaller items like suspension components etc. I paid a lot for my expensive toy and I intend to enjoy it. :)

Already have twice. You just have to consider that your regular insurance won't cover you on the track so a track policy is wise. Also if you break something on the track there is a chance that Tesla won't cover it. I'm not worried about breaking the motors or something but rather damaging the smaller items like suspension components etc. I paid a lot for my expensive toy and I intend to enjoy it. :)

How did your brake fluid hold up under heavy braking? that's the only thing I would be consider about and change to a high temp fluid before tracking. I have a LR RWD

How did your brake fluid hold up under heavy braking? that's the only thing I would be consider about and change to a high temp fluid before tracking. I have a LR RWD
I didn't have any fade or other issues, but the larger calipers and rotors on perf package probably helped that. Regen definitely takes a lot fo the strain off the brakes compared to an ICE car. I could smell the fluid after a hard run but nothing major.

I didn't have any fade or other issues, but the larger calipers and rotors on perf package probably helped that. Regen definitely takes a lot fo the strain off the brakes compared to an ICE car. I could smell the fluid after a hard run but nothing major.

Same, i had a little brake fade at the end of a 15 minute track session but nothing serious. The brake pads themselves were REALLY cooking and i could definitely smell them after 1 lap.

Reactions: Nocturnal