Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking my car to get PPF tonight, help me decide about tint ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go darker than 30%! I made the mistake of doing 30% and I wish I had gone 20% :(

Agreed. I have 25% which is perfect in my opinion, and though it may APPEAR dark from the outside, when you're in the car looking OUT it's fantastic. The legal limit in WA State is 24%, so I wanted to stay legal while increasing privacy but not making the car hard to see out of. 25% or 20% is really excellent. You CANNOT judge the view OUT by looking IN.

Reactions: BOBEDIGITL
Agreed. I have 25% which is perfect in my opinion, and though it may APPEAR dark from the outside, when you're in the car looking OUT it's fantastic. The legal limit in WA State is 24%, so I wanted to stay legal while increasing privacy but not making the car hard to see out of. 25% or 20% is really excellent. You CANNOT judge the view OUT by looking IN.

I definitely wish I would've gone either 20% or at least 25%. Even my wife said I should've gone darker. My fault for looking at samples in not so great lighting. I can definitely see clearly outside but I feel it's still way too clear looking in. Maybe I change my mind one day and end up redoing it.

18% on the sides and back, and 50% windshield.

I've owned cars with tint on them since I could drive, I'm 32 now, and it doesn't bother me in the least, and it looks awesome.

1E57CCB9-5769-4A8D-BDD8-766256744496.jpeg
CCC2250F-115D-4E0B-B715-DA974A8B2ACB.jpeg
EEC8C545-A3F6-48C6-9C65-029F961316BC.jpeg
AB4B6391-A138-4A5D-8E42-369DFCC81E5F.jpeg

B4CC8BAB-01C5-468D-A7E2-717DC3927D93.jpeg
Wow that’s nuts....

Been tinting for a long time here in Montreal and the law allows only 70% in the front which legally is nothing since the glass is tinted already.

There is little demand for windshields as it is illegal although I did 90% ceramic on mine.

Generally I do 50% front and 35% rear which is about as dark as is tolerated.

Ceramic I usually do 50 or 35.

As far as pricing lets just say I could never charge what you guys are paying but every market is different.

Here is a 50-35

View attachment 447524 Wow that’s nuts....

Been tinting for a long time here in Montreal and the law allows only 70% in the front which legally is nothing since the glass is tinted already.

There is little demand for windshields as it is illegal although I did 90% ceramic on mine.

Generally I do 50% front and 35% rear which is about as dark as is tolerated.

Ceramic I usually do 50 or 35.

As far as pricing lets just say I could never charge what you guys are paying but every market is different.

Here is a 50-35
Looks barely like anything is there.

Did you also consider Xpel XR Plus but got Suntek ... the quote i got for Xpel XR Plus is twice the Suntek, and am wondering if it's ok to go with Suntek. I'm just planning for the 4 side windows .. front windshield quote is 300 and that's separate.

The shop I went with gave me a really good deal because I did full frontal ppf, ceramic coating on the entire car, and then the ceramic tint. It was part of a group buy which meant I wasn't able to substitute any other brand. However after doing my research, I was more than comfortable going with Suntek. I've had "regular" tint on my previously owned car and the Suntek definitely performs better. I've never been in a Xpel XR vehicle so I can't compare the two, however I can definitely say the Suntek works greak. I paid $580 for the Suntek CIR which included the one piece back window and windshield.

Thank you for your response. I think I'll try the Suntek once.

The shop I went with gave me a really good deal because I did full frontal ppf, ceramic coating on the entire car, and then the ceramic tint. It was part of a group buy which meant I wasn't able to substitute any other brand. However after doing my research, I was more than comfortable going with Suntek. I've had "regular" tint on my previously owned car and the Suntek definitely performs better. I've never been in a Xpel XR vehicle so I can't compare the two, however I can definitely say the Suntek works greak. I paid $580 for the Suntek CIR which included the one piece back window and windshield.