Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking my Model S on a Car Rally - Seeking Charitable Donations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Team Tesla RNA

Hi all! My Name is Curt Gentry. I own a 2013 Model S 85. I am taking our Model S on a 5 Day Car Rally in July.

We will begin at our home in Springfield, Il. We will pick up a couple friends in Freeport, Illinois (after charging in Rockford, Illinois) and begin our trek North and West. Our plans are to stop for the morning about 14 hours later in Murdo, SD. The next day we will continue on to our Rally Starting Line in Billings, Montana.

Day 1 of the rally will be a drive through Yellowstone National Park. I'll have to charge in West Yellowstone to make it to Big Sky, Montana for the night.

Day 2 will take us to Great Falls, Montana. We will most likely not be able to go to all the checkpoints the organizers hand us when we take off in the morning.

Day 3 we will end up in Kellogg, Idaho.

Day 4 Pasco, Washington

Day 5 Portland, Oregon

Then we will drive all the way back to Illinois over the course of a few days.

The Rally North America group has been around since 2010. I found them online. They were organizing a rally from just south of Chicago to Amarillo, Texas. I had a BMW Z4 at that time. I've been on nearly every rally they have organized since then. They have raised over $500,000 since that first rally for various charities. I'm proud to have helped. That's where you come in! This year's charity is a wonderful one. Please follow the link above to read about this great organization and to donate. I would love to raise $1000 or $2000! They more we raise, the further up in line we start each day. But the good thing is I will auction off my starting position if I am up front to raise even MORE money. Please consider making a donation. It is a worthy cause and it would be nice to have the support of the Tesla Community.