TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Taking the high road: Effective counter measures against "Short FUD"

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by SebastianR, Jul 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SebastianR

SebastianR Member

Very well said. I couldn't agree more. So here is the "what's next?":

Let's collect a few ideas here. Mods, pls. merge if you feel this is better placed elsewhere.

In my experience countering FUD on Twitter / in Forums is only helping so much. What is helping more is pledging (and following up with) specific actions that support the mission as a response to Tesla FUD.

For instance in some German forums I pledge to donate based on the number of bad comments spreading Diesel FUD to exactly the NGO that exposed the Diesel FUD. When I posed the proof that I actually donated, FUD comments dropped.

I suggest we pledge giving a certain number of test drives to friends, colleagues and others based on the number of Tweets from Mark B.S. or Montana S. etc. this links troll activity directly to something that's useful for Tesla/EVs without engaging in pointless flamewars. We could also pledge to write to our representatives to advance EV causes etc. based on troll activity etc.

What other ideas do we have?

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Ell Zee One, when the twins alit.

Crowdfund buying an ad. That’s what news media are selling.
    Advertisers are the customers, not us, and The Customer Needn’t Always Be Right But They Are Always The Customer.

• Like x 1
  3. SebastianR

SebastianR Member

#3 SebastianR, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    I like the crowdfunding idea. However, I'm afraid, this would be the game we can't win: I don't see us collect millions of USD to be even close to being at the same level of funding as the traditional car makers.

EDIT: What about events like this? r/teslamotors - The UK Owners Group gave 10,000 test drive experiences to VIP/Media at Silverstone this weekend

They sound like great fun, get the message out and should have some multiplier effects. And if you do a sign-up campaign based on number of FUD posts?

• Like x 2