Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking the plunge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is interesting...

So this past Sunday evening (Dec. 4), I received the following email from Tesla alerting me that my car's entered production.
1.png

Then 4 days later, last night specifically, I received a call from my local Tesla SC letting me know my ride's in its final production stage, and has set me up for pickup on Dec. 26! I also then received the following email from Tesla:
2.png

I was told there's a possibility of my car arriving even sooner, but thus far it appears that Dec. 26 will be the day :D

I'm excited and nervous at the same time :eek:

You know the car is well on its way to you when you receive ANOTHER communication indicating that the car is "sourcing parts" or "entering production". I thought this bug would have been stamped out by now, as it happened to me in 2013, but I saw it again on this order cycle for 2016 Nov/Dec. Not to worry if you see this... in an odd way, it's a sign of success. :)

Alan

Reactions: DiamondHands
congrats, how's your trim alignment?
Probably I'm a total fool about this, but my oldest daughter's bat mitzvah is tomorrow and that gave me enough perspective to just get in the car and goofy wide-ass smile my way home without picking it apart first. :)

Man, hah! I didn't even realize until now that I hadn't posted all this in the deliveries thread. Oooops!

Probably I'm a total fool about this, but my oldest daughter's bat mitzvah is tomorrow and that gave me enough perspective to just get in the car and goofy wide-ass smile my way home without picking it apart first. :)

Man, hah! I didn't even realize until now that I hadn't posted all this in the deliveries thread. Oooops!

Congrats!! Counting down my days to join the fam :)

Congrats SUMD!

I put down a deposit for my Model X on 12/7/16 and obtained approved financing. I picked an inventory car and will receive delivery before the end of the year at the latest.

I was hesitant after the election but decided to go for it after OPEC cut oil production. I expect gas prices to go up in 2017 and 2018 and the unknown political climate has me convinced the existing EV subsidies will disappear in 2017. The time was now or never.

And I'm completely excited to be joining the Tesla family! I hope your delivery is timely!

Reactions: DiamondHands
Congrats SUMD!

I put down a deposit for my Model X on 12/7/16 and obtained approved financing. I picked an inventory car and will receive delivery before the end of the year at the latest.

I was hesitant after the election but decided to go for it after OPEC cut oil production. I expect gas prices to go up in 2017 and 2018 and the unknown political climate has me convinced the existing EV subsidies will disappear in 2017. The time was now or never.

And I'm completely excited to be joining the Tesla family! I hope your delivery is timely!

Thanks! And same to you! :)

Wifey and I hadn't thought of the recent OPEC angle, but hey, even better! :D

Please post photos of your new ride.