Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Talk me out of the new Model S refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning on ordering a refreshed Model S to replace my 2016 S. But I was disappointed that there wasn't a significant exterior change from the last refresh in 2016.

Don't get me wrong...the Model S is still a great looking car (and the new interior is much improved). And can't compare the performance since the new Model S is absolutely insane. However, I wanted something that looked way different from my 2016.

I've had my MYP since June 2021 and it's been awesome. But I'll definitely consider the Model S again once there's another exterior refresh.

I was planning on ordering a refreshed Model S to replace my 2016 S. But I was disappointed that there wasn't a significant exterior change from the last refresh in 2016.

Don't get me wrong...the Model S is still a great looking car (and the new interior is much improved). And can't compare the performance since the new Model S is absolutely insane. However, I wanted something that looked way different from my 2016.

I've had my MYP since June 2021 and it's been awesome. But I'll definitely consider the Model S again once there's another exterior refresh.
The refresh is subtle in pictures, but in person I thought it was more noticeable. It has a beefcake wide stance like it just got done powerlifting. Front and back wheels are bigger and the back is noticeably wider.

If you are not a Tesla fan, you may not notice the difference. But I think the average person will notice an aggressive look to the new one.

I think everyone, even Tesla haters, must agree that the Model S looks better when parked in front of you, and photos make them look less imposing.

Has anyone checked if the yoke can be swapped out for a wheel. We know they do make a round one. It's telling that in a mission critical environment, Randy Pobst opted for a regular wheel (Pike's Peak).

It's not just the yoke, but also the removal of the stalks that consequently added buttons to the yoke (left and right turn-signal buttons; wipers, etc). I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a swap, but for now, it's not an option.