Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tall kids, backseat headrests and whiplash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 6'3", my wife is 5'9" and my 12 year old daughter is already 5'8" and on the way to at least 6' with an 8 year old growing like a weed as well. My experience with the original back seats (small headrests) is that, even at only 5'8" my daughters head hits the headliner (pano roof) prior to hitting the headrest.

On Oct 2014 Tesla wrote a blog that included safety improvements to the MS that stated: "Seat comfort improvements and taller headrests for whiplash protection"

After that the EURO NCAP safety rating on the late 2014 MS said this about whiplash: “Protection against whiplash injury in the event of a rear-end collision was rated as good for the front and rear seats.”

My question to owners that are 6ft and taller with 2015 +Pano MS's (bigger headrests): In the back seat does your head hit the headrest before the headliner?

Appreciate any/all replies.

I am 6'2" and have a P90D with Pano.

When I straighten my back and stick my entire back to the seats, I would hit the headrest very slightly before the headliner, almost the same time, but a normal person wouldn't sit like that unless the seat in front was pushed way back. In a normal sitting position I hit only the headrest with maybe a few inches away from the headliner.

I am 6'2" and have a P90D with Pano.

When I straighten my back and stick my entire back to the seats, I would hit the headrest very slightly before the headliner, almost the same time, but a normal person wouldn't sit like that unless the seat in front was pushed way back. In a normal sitting position I hit only the headrest with maybe a few inches away from the headliner.

Very helpful. Thank you!