Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tall Roadster drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
batmobile-01.jpg

KITT3.JPG

SO we would also have to add lots of flashy bits as well?

I think having the speed displayed on that tiny LCD screen at the bottom of the instrument cluster (has amps, odometer and estimated range right now) would be a good idea. Does anyone look at amps while driving? Anyway, if you think having your speed listed there instead of amps would be useful, e-mail your customer rep at Tesla. Maybe if enough people bug them, they'll consider adding that in the next firmware update.

Last edited:
I think having the speed displayed on that tiny LCD screen at the bottom of the instrument cluster (has amps, odometer and estimated range right now). Does anyone look at amps while driving? Anyway, if you think having your speed listed there instead of amps would be useful, e-mail your customer rep at Tesla. Maybe if enough people bug them, they'll consider adding that in the next firmware update.

Making it so the trip button could change what's displayed there would be cool. I actually like having the amps there (I frequently look at it while the car isn't moving for, e.g. power being used by the heat). What I'd like is a place where the outside temperature is displayed. Right now, you have to be on the correct drive screen to se it, which drives me nuts.

I think having the speed displayed on that tiny LCD screen at the bottom of the instrument cluster (has amps, odometer and estimated range right now). Does anyone look at amps while driving? Anyway, if you think having your speed listed there instead of amps would be useful, e-mail your customer rep at Tesla. Maybe if enough people bug them, they'll consider adding that in the next firmware update.
Actually with the 1.5 Roadster the LCD MPH readout is (ironically) still behind the steering wheel. They need to swap the Miles-left with the more-looked-at MPH.

Cycling the trip button to swap amps to mph or maybe even taking out estimated range and putting in mph would be fine with me. Seems to me this would be a simple fix and would be really nice. Having to look all the way down to the VDS takes more time with your eyes off the road than needed. Anyway, I e-mailed Tesla so hopefully they'll think about it for the next firmware update.