Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Talsem wheel rim protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Rimblades I had looked great but ultimately, offered only light protection. They did their job and needed to be replaced after some curb rash.

A quick Google search led me to Talsem. Took longer than I thought to receive them (shipped from outside the US).

I installed them when rotating the tires using a bead breaker tool (which I happen to have). Wasn’t hard per se, but I imagine most people will pay a tire shop to install these.

Two lug nut covers cracked immediately during installation. I sent them an email about it and they sent a new set of lug nut covers.

The center caps that came with the kit were plain black and didn’t fit with the look I was after, so I ordered a set with the red “T” logo from Amazon for $20.

All in all, the Talsem kit looks good. They’re thicker than Rimblades and no glue / double sided tape to install, which made the Rimblades a real pain to remove. Used up much of the rubber wheel that came with the $20 Rimblade removal kit and a lot of elbow grease.

Anyway here are some pics.
7E0A9A86-2D3D-446A-806E-B2F54CFC1782.jpeg

98714821-4BB6-4AD6-8571-A5B65EBE0ACC.jpeg

78D7F7F9-5500-4BC3-BF50-AE9656A1B3B9.jpeg

14203E3F-D96E-4B23-8EFF-FCB5515291F3.jpeg

Last edited:
The Rimblades I had looked great but ultimately, offered only light protection. They did their job and needed to be replaced after some curb rash.

A quick Google search led me to Talsem. Took longer than I thought to receive them (shipped from outside the US).

I installed them when rotating the tires using a bead breaker tool (which I happen to have). Wasn’t hard per se, but I imagine most people will pay a tire shop to install these.

Two lug nut covers cracked immediately during installation. I sent them an email about it and they sent a new set of lug nut covers.

The center caps that came with the kit were plain black and didn’t fit with the look I was after, so I ordered a set with the red “T” logo from Amazon for $20.

All in all, the Talsem kit looks good. They’re hicker than Rimblades and no glue / double sided tape to install, which made the Rimblades a real pain to remove. Used up much of the rubber wheel that came with the $20 Rimblade removal kit and a lot of elbow grease.

Anyway here are some pics.
View attachment 893750

View attachment 893751

View attachment 893752

View attachment 893753

The end result looks really good! At least from the picture you have there, it looks like "its supposed to be there", not some cheap tacked on thing.