Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa delivery moved up to the 11th from 17th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so excited that my delivery got moved up. I haven’t seen anything about the quality of cars coming out lately, at least where I’ve been perusing. Anyone who has received a car in the last couple weeks can you provide your experience of the quality, good and bad?

I'm scheduled for delivery on 11/21 in Tampa. I finalized my order on Monday 10/22 and received my delivery date by text on Thursday 10/26. Still haven't received a VIN or final paperwork. Hoping others that have picked up in Tampa can tell me about timing of these steps and what I could expect next.

LR RWD 18" Aeros EAP White w/Black

Uneventful delivery... just the way I like it!

I just wrote out my experience with dates in the post.

Oct 8 - Entered order
Oct 10 - Received email from OA
Oct 23 - VIN and Date scheduled for Nov 17
Nov 7 - received updated date of Nov 11
Nov 11 - smooth as silk pickup, car was mint

They have your final paperwork there, all you have to bring with you is final payment whether from bank \ credit union or check or whatever. It really was simple and straightforward. Be prepared to wait as this is a new facility and they are still working things out. I waited about 45 mins past appointment time.

Good luck, don’t stress about it.

I just noticed that you are one of the rare special ones with LR RWD and WHITE interior. They added the white after I got my VIN and I didn’t want to risk delaying it. Congrats, those might be worth something one day.

Thanks for the timeline info. I'm hoping to get my VIN tomorrow at the 1 week before delivery point.

No, I should have been more clear in the tagline. I've got a Pearl White with Black interior on order. Nothing special, but still really nice. I've had black cars before and its just too hard keeping them looking great. Plus here in FL, white cars are maybe just a little bit cooler.

Thanks for the timeline info. I'm hoping to get my VIN tomorrow at the 1 week before delivery point.

No, I should have been more clear in the tagline. I've got a Pearl White with Black interior on order. Nothing special, but still really nice. I've had black cars before and its just too hard keeping them looking great. Plus here in FL, white cars are maybe just a little bit cooler.
I got the black because it was included and thought about both your points.
1) keep it clean, yeah that’s out the window. Especially on the frunk because of how you have to close it you get fingerprints all over.
2) the heat part is taken care of by pre-cooling your car or turning on the setting to prevent it from overheating in the cabin.

I overcame number 1 by figuring out I can pick any color under the rainbow and it would be really cheap to apply a wrap on the car. You can get enough wrap of any color for about $300-$500. This means for the cost of the red I could have wrapped my car into 5 different colors. Also, if there’s is any damage to the wrap you can redo just that one panel and not worry about matching the color of the faded panels because the wrap doesn’t fade.
I found some videos of people wrapping their cars and it seems pretty straightforward, I wrapped my center console the night I got the car, so I figured it would be a fun project and won’t harm the car at all so I get to have fun, pick a crazy color for the car if I want, and if it doesn’t work out I’m only out a few hundred bucks.

Obviously your choices are your own, this is my thinkingnon why I went with Black. Good choice on the pearl though, I love that color.

1) keep it clean, yeah that’s out the window. Especially on the frunk because of how you have to close it you get fingerprints all over.
2) the heat part is taken care of by pre-cooling your car or turning on the setting to prevent it from overheating in the cabin.

I overcame number 1 by figuring out I can pick any color under the rainbow and it would be really cheap to apply a wrap on the car. You can get enough wrap of any color for about $300-$500. This means for the cost of the red I could have wrapped my car into 5 different colors. Also, if there’s is any damage to the wrap you can redo just that one panel and not worry about matching the color of the faded panels because the wrap doesn’t fade.
I found some videos of people wrapping their cars and it seems pretty straightforward, I wrapped my center console the night I got the car, so I figured it would be a fun project and won’t harm the car at all so I get to have fun, pick a crazy color for the car if I want, and if it doesn’t work out I’m only out a few hundred bucks.

Obviously your choices are your own, this is my thinkingnon why I went with Black. Good choice on the pearl though, I love that color.

Smart choice going with the black for a future wrap. If you end up doing your own, let us know how it comes out. I have a small vinyl cutter and have done window signs and Tee's but I've never worked with car wrap vinyl and have no idea how it is to apply. I've seen quite a few videos too and they make it look do-able but I'm pretty hesitant. I will, of course, do my center console. Maybe after that I'll try covering the window molding chrome with black wrap.

Smart choice going with the black for a future wrap. If you end up doing your own, let us know how it comes out. I have a small vinyl cutter and have done window signs and Tee's but I've never worked with car wrap vinyl and have no idea how it is to apply. I've seen quite a few videos too and they make it look do-able but I'm pretty hesitant. I will, of course, do my center console. Maybe after that I'll try covering the window molding chrome with black wrap.
The center console was easy except for the cup holders section, that one was a pain in the ass, take your time.
I’ll update on the wrap as I am dreaming about the Satin Vampire Red.

Attachments

• 66E36D62-DAC6-448B-BD75-D8522C872274.png
    66E36D62-DAC6-448B-BD75-D8522C872274.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
The center console was easy except for the cup holders section, that one was a pain in the ass, take your time.
I’ll update on the wrap as I am dreaming about the Satin Vampire Red.

Not having my car yet, I can't look to see if there's a reason why application tape wouldn't help for that cup holder section. The tape will keep the thin edge section from twisting and hopefully make it easy to align.

That Satin Vampire Red is going to look great!

I was talking to a Mobile Service guy last week. I mentioned I was going to get my 3 wrapped (clear Xpel Ultimate) and he said before working for Tesla he had not heard of PPF. Then he said "you know the Mobile Service's Model S (white with red Telsa logo, etc) is wrapped". He opened one of the side doors and sure enough it was a black MS underneath there. While I thought the outside looked great and I never knew it was a black car (makes sense for Tesla not to spend additional money on paint for these), when you open the doors and see the hinges and the surrounding door area still in black, well I was turned off by that. Your doors get opened all the time so you'll be seeing that difference a lot. I also noticed around one of the taillights that someone had nicked that area and you could see the black beneath. Just something to think about if you are considering adding a wrap.

I was talking to a Mobile Service guy last week. I mentioned I was going to get my 3 wrapped (clear Xpel Ultimate) and he said before working for Tesla he had not heard of PPF. Then he said "you know the Mobile Service's Model S (white with red Telsa logo, etc) is wrapped". He opened one of the side doors and sure enough it was a black MS underneath there. While I thought the outside looked great and I never knew it was a black car (makes sense for Tesla not to spend additional money on paint for these), when you open the doors and see the hinges and the surrounding door area still in black, well I was turned off by that. Your doors get opened all the time so you'll be seeing that difference a lot. I also noticed around one of the taillights that someone had nicked that area and you could see the black beneath. Just something to think about if you are considering adding a wrap.
I appreciate your insights. That is interesting about the MS. I had thought about the door jams and all that, I am going to try to get as much as I can but we’ll see, it doesn’t bother me that much as this is just fun project with no downside. The nick that you found is part of the reason a wrap is a good idea because you only have to replace that single panel woth wrapping and you know for a fact the color will match whereas paint fades over time.