TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tampa/Hyde Park Supercharger [Now Operational]

Discussion in 'Florida' started by JustinP, May 26, 2018.

1. JustinP

JustinP Member

Tesla's new Supercharger map lists Hyde Park as opening summer 2018 which made me wonder why no one had found anything yet. After doing a little hunting it looks like it is currently in the final permitting phase. Based on the permit application and plans with the city of Tampa it will be a 10 stall supercharger located at 2100 W. Swann Ave in the Winn-Dixie parking lot. I kind of assumed it would be at the Old Hyde Park shopping area but looks like I was wrong. Time for anyone that lives in that area of town to keep a lookout for construction progress.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
  2. azred

azred Active Member

3. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

Good find!

4. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Photos of the document: 12F06C11-71A2-49FE-9169-3D5D964D14E2.jpeg 516343CE-3C59-4009-B33A-084D0FFB762A.jpeg

• Like x 2
  5. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

#5 Larry Chanin, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Hi Justin,

Thanks. Great detective work!

From the permit information it appears that this is certainly through the plan approval stage and now in the inspection phase. It appears that a building permit was issued May 31, 2018.

Larry

6. Timmah

Timmah Member

Construction is well under way, very happy just bought my Tesla and this is just a few blocks from home -- can do my grocery shopping while charging. You can also walk to all sorts of stuff including restaurants and Starbucks.

7. Mr. PlugShare

Would you be able to snap any pics?

8. Timmah

Timmah Member

Sure. Fenced off so didn't get too close. Will be right on Swann Ave near Howard. Not sure how long they take to construct. The Wawa location on 50th street is fairly convenient to me as well but chargers are frequently blocked by trucks and trailers, more than once I've had a short wait there.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Timmah

Timmah Member

thumbnail (4).jpg

This evening

10. Mr. PlugShare

11. mwoz

mwoz Member

Having trouble uploading photos, but drove by this morning and all 8 pedestals are up, along with the four white Tesla cabinets. Area still fenced off.

12. themcgruff

themcgruff New Member

Here's some updated photos from June 21st, 2018. It looks like most of the charging stations are installed except for 2-3. Also looks like they have the electrical run for lighting but haven't installed the lights. Sign poles are up, but signs are not installed. IMG_6182.JPG IMG_7041.JPG IMG_8180.JPG IMG_9875.JPG IMG_1223.JPG

• Informative x 1
  13. Larry Chanin

Thanks for the great photos. From your first photo I count 8 installed charging stations. The Tesla plans call for a total of 10, so there are two more yet to be installed.

Larry

14. mwoz

mwoz Member

I only counted 8, but certainly 10 would be better! Constructing is moving along nicely. It’s a good location for lots of local restaurants. This area gets very crowded on friday evenings and weekends. Not good for travelers through Tampa, so kinda surprised they didn’t go with the urban chargers.

15. Larry Chanin

#15 Larry Chanin, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Hi Matt,

Yes, it looks like two more charging terminals will be installed. The Tesla plans are public information and below is one page that shows the layout of the 10 terminals.

Tampa Hyde Park Supercharger plans of charging terminals.jpg

There are eight terminals lined up in a row that are the more conventional "back-in" parking spots. If you look closely you will also see two more terminal locations, one on the extreme right. and one next to the switchgear that are "pull-in" type parking spots. The terminals with a pull-in space next to the switchgear is already installed and shows on the photos that were taken.

Larry

16. BenU

BenU Member

#16 BenU, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    All ten charging stations are now installed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 2
  17. Larry Chanin

#17 Larry Chanin, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Ben,

Excellent photos.

I believe the area where the conduits are coming up near the center of your last photo is where the utility power transformer will eventually be set. The utility pole on the left of your first photo is probably going to be the cable pole running the cable to the transformer. As we monitor progress we should check out those two locations. I see on the right of your third photo that the utility meter cabinet is already mounted on a pole near the high voltage switchgear (grey cabinets). After the transformer is set and cable run from the cable pole to it, the last thing to look for before permanent operation would be for a meter socket to be mounted into the existing meter cabinet.

Larry

18. Splunge

Splunge Member

Any news regarding this location? Is it operational yet?

19. Timmah

Timmah Member

Not as of this morning. There are signs on chargers saying "Innovation in Progress. The Tesla supercharging stations will be ready very soon. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience."

With that said there was some progress since last posting.

[​IMG]

20. Timmah

Timmah Member

sc.jpg

• Informative x 1