Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tampa, FL - West Swann Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's new Supercharger map lists Hyde Park as opening summer 2018 which made me wonder why no one had found anything yet. After doing a little hunting it looks like it is currently in the final permitting phase. Based on the permit application and plans with the city of Tampa it will be a 10 stall supercharger located at 2100 W. Swann Ave in the Winn-Dixie parking lot. I kind of assumed it would be at the Old Hyde Park shopping area but looks like I was wrong. Time for anyone that lives in that area of town to keep a lookout for construction progress.

Attachments

• 1-APP-EL-BLD-18-0457016-PLANS-03-26-18.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 193
Photos of the document:
12F06C11-71A2-49FE-9169-3D5D964D14E2.jpeg
516343CE-3C59-4009-B33A-084D0FFB762A.jpeg

Tesla's new Supercharger map lists Hyde Park as opening summer 2018 which made me wonder why no one had found anything yet. After doing a little hunting it looks like it is currently in the final permitting phase. Based on the permit application and plans with the city of Tampa it will be a 10 stall supercharger located at 2100 W. Swann Ave in the Winn-Dixie parking lot. I kind of assumed it would be at the Old Hyde Park shopping area but looks like I was wrong. Time for anyone that lives in that area of town to keep a lookout for construction progress.
Hi Justin,

Thanks. Great detective work!

From the permit information it appears that this is certainly through the plan approval stage and now in the inspection phase. It appears that a building permit was issued May 31, 2018.

Larry

Last edited:
Construction is well under way, very happy just bought my Tesla and this is just a few blocks from home -- can do my grocery shopping while charging. You can also walk to all sorts of stuff including restaurants and Starbucks.

Here's some updated photos from June 21st, 2018. It looks like most of the charging stations are installed except for 2-3. Also looks like they have the electrical run for lighting but haven't installed the lights. Sign poles are up, but signs are not installed.

Thanks for the great photos. From your first photo I count 8 installed charging stations. The Tesla plans call for a total of 10, so there are two more yet to be installed.

Larry

I only counted 8, but certainly 10 would be better! Constructing is moving along nicely. It’s a good location for lots of local restaurants. This area gets very crowded on friday evenings and weekends. Not good for travelers through Tampa, so kinda surprised they didn’t go with the urban chargers.

I only counted 8, but certainly 10 would be better!

Hi Matt,

Yes, it looks like two more charging terminals will be installed. The Tesla plans are public information and below is one page that shows the layout of the 10 terminals.

Tampa Hyde Park Supercharger plans of charging terminals.jpg

There are eight terminals lined up in a row that are the more conventional "back-in" parking spots. If you look closely you will also see two more terminal locations, one on the extreme right. and one next to the switchgear that are "pull-in" type parking spots. The terminals with a pull-in space next to the switchgear is already installed and shows on the photos that were taken.

Larry

Last edited:
All ten charging stations are now installed.
Ben,

Excellent photos.

I believe the area where the conduits are coming up near the center of your last photo is where the utility power transformer will eventually be set. The utility pole on the left of your first photo is probably going to be the cable pole running the cable to the transformer. As we monitor progress we should check out those two locations. I see on the right of your third photo that the utility meter cabinet is already mounted on a pole near the high voltage switchgear (grey cabinets). After the transformer is set and cable run from the cable pole to it, the last thing to look for before permanent operation would be for a meter socket to be mounted into the existing meter cabinet.

Larry

Last edited:
Not as of this morning. There are signs on chargers saying "Innovation in Progress. The Tesla supercharging stations will be ready very soon. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience."

With that said there was some progress since last posting.

dateposted-public