Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa Location on North Florida Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night we spotted the renovations in progress on the old Bob Wilson Dodge location at 11945 North Florida Avenue in Tampa. It looks like it won't be long before the building is ready for Tesla's showroom and service center.

Google Maps

IMAG2570.jpg IMAG2573.jpg

Talked with a rep at the Tampa - Brandon Service Center last week who stated they should be doing deliveries at this location very soon and will be building a Service Center from the ground up. They have apparently just poured the concrete pad from his report and the above pics which will be for servicing the vehicles.

I drove by there today and 3 out of 4 of the prefab walls for the new building were up. Looking into the location, the new building under construction which appears as just a slab in the prior pics is listed on city utility plans as a 30,000 sq ft "Auto Fulfillment Center." The existing building and garage appears to have previously served as the service center for Bob Wilson Dodge with over 350 parking spaces for auto storage in that garage alone. Each floor of the garage is about 45,000 sq ft with about 25% of the ground floor prior service and customer waiting. It may make more sense that long term the new construction will serve as a good size local delivery center with lots of space to stash new cars awaiting delivery in the garage/service center, unless they decide to completely flip things around. It wouldnt be surprising though if the existing service space was initially used for deliveries until the new building is complete since there is already the service center in Brandon. There are some pics posted of the existing building on the Google maps listing which shows the lobby with desk and computer in place (link below). That garage will be a great place for eventual large volume model 3 distribution. If the new building is a warehouse style delivery center like in Marina Del Rey it will probably be completed pretty quick.

Google Maps

Just left the Tampa Service Center where I asked when they were going to move in. One of the gentlemen there said it would be awhile. I asked why since the photos looked like there was already a building there. He said that was for Deliveries and they were building a new Service Center next to it.

In reference to the previous post, they said they're "moving", so I don't think they'll keep the existing Service Center in Brandon.

Last time I checked, the Brandon service center also has a sales staff. While taking delivery of my Model 3 in Brandon last week, one of the employees mentioned that they will not be moving to the new Florida Avenue location until August. So we still have a while to wait.

Has anyone been by lately to check on the progress? Sounds like starting in July there will be a big ramp of US model 3 deliveries and it would be nice if this location were open. I’m tentatively scheduled to pick mine up first week of July...

I was at the Brandon Service Center early last week and there was a sign inside at the desk that said it would be open next year. They are apparently doing a significant build-out at the new location per the staff. (Wish I grabbed a pic of it.)

I was at the Brandon Service Center early last week and there was a sign inside at the desk that said it would be open next year. They are apparently doing a significant build-out at the new location per the staff. (Wish I grabbed a pic of it.)
Hi AJ,
I was there a few days ago and may have missed the sign. I was told that the new service center would not be ready any earlier than this October.

Larry