Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa Tire Repair Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I have a nail in one of my tires. Can anyone recommend a tire shop that is familiar with the Mode 3? I’m a little hesitant to take my vehicle to a Tire Kingdom, Firestone, etc. without having an endorsement from a previous customer.

Thanks for the assist!
~Lou

For reference next time, call Tesla service and they will send a truck out to do a wheel swap the same day. They take your wheel back to the shop and will fix the flat for $50. Then you just schedule an appointment to take your car in and have your old wheel put back on. In my case they couldn't fix the flat because it was a sidewall puncture so I ordered a new tire from TireRack and had it set to the Tampa service center. They mounted it the same day.

Its hard to get out of the mentality of how old school car dealerships handle service (or lack of).

For reference next time, call Tesla service and they will send a truck out to do a wheel swap the same day. They take your wheel back to the shop and will fix the flat for $50. Then you just schedule an appointment to take your car in and have your old wheel put back on. In my case they couldn't fix the flat because it was a sidewall puncture so I ordered a new tire from TireRack and had it set to the Tampa service center. They mounted it the same day.

Its hard to get out of the mentality of how old school car dealerships handle service (or lack of).

I am up in citrus County and would prefer to have a wheel replaced locally as it is about 140 mile RT to the Tesla SC. (I paid 150 for a Tesla approved company to come and replace my blown out tire with a new wheel as I was more than 50 miles from Tampa. I now have a gouge out of one of my rear tires and need to replace that one).
I cannot find anyone who 'has the equipment' to replace a Tesla tire (Model X) in Citrus County. Anyone know of shops in Hernando or Pasco counties that can do this?
Thanks

I am up in citrus County and would prefer to have a wheel replaced locally as it is about 140 mile RT to the Tesla SC. (I paid 150 for a Tesla approved company to come and replace my blown out tire with a new wheel as I was more than 50 miles from Tampa. I now have a gouge out of one of my rear tires and need to replace that one).
I cannot find anyone who 'has the equipment' to replace a Tesla tire (Model X) in Citrus County. Anyone know of shops in Hernando or Pasco counties that can do this?
Thanks
@Vulcan I'm sure you're aware of this, but it doesn't make any sense that a tire shop doesn't have the equipment to replace a Model X tire. There's nothing special about the wheel or the tire. The only special things are 1. making sure to use the lift points properly and 2. using the correct lug nut torque. Lift points are easy - use them. Use a block of wood if necessary to get clearance from the battery pack. Lug nut torque on a Model S is 129 ft.lb. I assume X is similar, but you should verify that.

If you have the facility to jack the car up and take the wheel off yourself, you could pop out the center cap so that the brand is not apparent, and take it to a tire shop by itself. Then they should have no reason for not swapping a tire.

Just looking at Google maps, I see this wheel repair place that has good reviews. You might want to give them a call. They might be more willing than your average tire shop to work on something a little out of the ordinary.

https://giddenswheelrepair.business.site/

Thanks. I ll contact them for future use. Since I have (another) gouge in one of my rear tires (I'll blame my wife, since she doesn't read these :)). Meanwhile, I have ordered a replacement from Tirerack.com and will visit the Tesla SC next week. THe Continental tires I have on the X don't seem to take even minor contact with (curbs?) well.

I must have visited or called about 6 different shops on Route 50 (busy shopping area) and none of them would help. I actually stopped at an Auto Zone figuring they might be able to point me in the correct direction, since they work with a lot of repair shops) without success. The general answer was "go to the dealer. Tesla does not want us to work on their cars". This is obviously a problem for those at a distance from a SC (74 miles for me). Its a shame that Tesla does not have an agreement with a Firestone or Goodyear national repair stores to handle these simple tasks.