Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa to Boston Road Trip... advice, tips, etc?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh, I just have a problem backing down from a challenge when behind the wheel. Especially in my youth. I've had my license suspended more than once for speeding and street racing back when I was a teenager. Even had to go before a judge once, so wore a pink dress, hair in a pony tail and white shoes with little bows on them (don't judge, it was the 80's). I think I was fined less than $100. I had to go to driving school at the police dept to get my license reinstated once, and drove myself there. What a stupid girl I was back then! Lol.

I'm going to try using LocaToWeb for real time gps tracking. Let's see how it goes. You'll be able to track me starting Tuesday morning, our plan is to head out around 4:30am!

I'll post the link Tuesday!

Last edited:
We've been setting cruise around 75 for most legs, the biggest challenge was st Augustine to Savannah...but we made it with 12 miles left! #winning

We've already experienced some pretty intense lightning and rain. We're sitting in Texas Steakhouse at Lumberton now, enjoying dinner before our last leg of the day, to Rocky Mount. We'll spend the night there and finish the journey tomorrow!

Really the biggest challenge has been keeping my bf from eating all the snacks on day one.

We just reread all the advice posted here to plan our route tomorrow. Looks like we'll have to hit Woodbridge and then catch 301 to Newark. I'm only getting about 182 rated miles on a full charge lately, so skipping Woodbridge isn't really an option. We're not going to try to leave at such a crazy time tomorrow, either. 4:30am comes a lot sooner on Day 2!

We aren't in a hurry, and don't want to arrive at family's late, so we might end up staying another night, probably in CT. That way there's no pressure to hurry up, or stress over time if we hit traffic. I'll just have to buy more snacks!

Well, the advice to take 301 and avoid Baltimore was great! It was such a nice drive and seemed all downhill. My Wh/mi at one point was 236, and that was an average for 50 miles! Other than the nightmare-inducing drive over the Bay Bridge, it was serene and enjoyable. (The only thing I fear more than heights is high bridges, and that one nearly made me throw up).

We decided to stop for the night again before descending on family, since we wouldn't get there until around 1am. But we're only a couple of hours out now so tomorrow will be a day visiting and taking it easy.

So far we've hit no snags, other than a little challenge finding a hotel tonight. The car's been great as always, traffic hasn't been an issue, and we've only gotten a little snippy with each other a couple of times. Life is good! Now tomorrow I have to find a place to wash her (yes, I packed all my car wash supplies)!