Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa to Northern Indiana!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Btrflyl8e

MSLR, W/W 21s FSD 1145 DEL 11/26 VIN MF454
Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2013
Seminole, FL
First longish road trip in my new Model S! Tampa to Pine Village, IN. Last big road trip was our trip to Boston in my 60, so it'll be interesting to experience the differences traveling nearly the same distance in my 90D.

If I can get the bf out the door by 5am, the day will already be a success. Unfortunately, nothing I can do about him having to stop to pee every 100 miles.

I'm super excited, the car is mostly all packed, tires inflated to correct pressure, food made, cocktail supplies packed for end of driving day relaxation, route reviewed...I think every checklist item has been checked!

I'll start the tracker once we get on the road!

Last edited:
Well SOMEONE who hasn't even driven with AP sure got used to it in a hurry

Attachments

• 20160923_090608.jpg
    20160923_090608.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 79
I can empathize. After 43 years of wedded bliss, my better half
clocks in at 50 miles, +/-. At least for the first 300 or so.

Keep telling her an S would have less vibration and she'd be
MUCH more comfortable, but so far she's not buying the
vision. When she retires too though it will be a retirement gift.
for me, ah, for her I mean. :)

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and Btrflyl8e
Good luck! We just drove from Atlanta to Terre Haute, IN last weekend, then over to Indianapolis to visit some family and back down to Atlanta. We charged at a Blink CHAdeMO in Manchester, TN on the way up which allowed us to skip Chattanooga and Nashville and then go all the way to Bowling Green. We then went straight from Bowling Green to Terre Haute.

On the way back we charged in Indianapolis, Louisville, Bowling Green, and Chattanooga. As usual we were never waiting on the car to finish charging, the toddler schedule dictated the stops!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Good luck! We just drove from Atlanta to Terre Haute, IN last weekend, then over to Indianapolis to visit some family and back down to Atlanta. We charged at a Blink CHAdeMO in Manchester, TN on the way up which allowed us to skip Chattanooga and Nashville and then go all the way to Bowling Green. We then went straight from Bowling Green to Terre Haute.

On the way back we charged in Indianapolis, Louisville, Bowling Green, and Chattanooga. As usual we were never waiting on the car to finish charging, the toddler schedule dictated the stops!
So is the Terre Haute SpC not the butt-ugliest, grimmest SpC you've seen? :(

So is the Terre Haute SpC not the butt-ugliest, grimmest SpC you've seen? :(

Hm, I didn't really notice. Right after we plugged in though this car drove up and parked half in a Supercharger spot (we were the only car). A girl got out and took a picture of our car charging and she said "I told my fiance this is what these things were for, but he didn't believe me. I'll show him now!"

We stopped in Bowling Green for the night, and we might take the Louisville-Indianapolis route instead. It's 232 miles here to Terre Haute. We can do it, but do we WANT to do it? We're thinking no.

Maybe we would consider it if the HPWC at our hotel hadn't been ICEd.

We stopped in Bowling Green for the night, and we might take the Louisville-Indianapolis route instead. It's 232 miles here to Terre Haute. We can do it, but do we WANT to do it? We're thinking no.

Maybe we would consider it if the HPWC at our hotel hadn't been ICEd.

What battery do you have? We did it from the Bowling Green Supercharger to Terre Haute in our 90D Model X. Is your hotel farther away than the Supercharger is? The route we took was only 217 miles.

What battery do you have? We did it from the Bowling Green Supercharger to Terre Haute in our 90D Model X. Is your hotel farther away than the Supercharger is? The route we took was only 217 miles.
Nope, I now have a 90D as well, and we stayed less than 3 miles from the bowling green SC. We still decided to do Louisville and Indianapolis, it was great!