Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa to Ponte Vedra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i need to get from Tampa to Ponte Vedra next weekend. I have a P85 (2013). Is the run from Tampa to the supercharger at St Augustine (approx 195 miles) doable if I don't drive like a maniac, or do I need to detour to Port Orange for a quick stop?

i need to get from Tampa to Ponte Vedra next weekend. I have a P85 (2013). Is the run from Tampa to the supercharger at St Augustine (approx 195 miles) doable if I don't drive like a maniac, or do I need to detour to Port Orange for a quick stop?

Flat ground, a full charge, and no headwinds? I'd give that a go.

Recommend plotting the route at evtripplanner.com, downloading the .csv file, and looking at the net elevation. My recollection of Florida was that it was flat, but I didn't get to St. Augustine.

Or you could drive at normal speed and detour for 20 minutes for a quick charge...

You know, when I used to have to stop at St Augustine, I'd go up 75 through Ocala, then across on 301/19/207. It can be a little annoying going through towns with speed limit changes, but I'll do anything not to go I4. It's 188 miles going that route.

Now I can just go straight through to Kingsland!

You know, when I used to have to stop at St Augustine, I'd go up 75 through Ocala, then across on 301/19/207. It can be a little annoying going through towns with speed limit changes, but I'll do anything not to go I4. It's 188 miles going that route.

Now I can just go straight through to Kingsland!

Sure. Just rub that 90D in my face.

I'm a little worried about driving a red Tesla through Waldo. Even if I'm going 30moh, it looks like I'm going 60!!!

Hey Steve,

I have made the drive from Lutz to the St. Augustine supercharger a few times as a straight shot and have made it somewhat comfortably, albeit without any insane driving ( I have a P85+ with the less efficient 21" wheels as well). Hope this helps and to confirm, do NOT go over the speed limit in Waldo! :)

Hey Steve,

I have made the drive from Lutz to the St. Augustine supercharger a few times as a straight shot and have made it somewhat comfortably, albeit without any insane driving ( I have a P85+ with the less efficient 21" wheels as well). Hope this helps and to confirm, do NOT go over the speed limit in Waldo! :)

Thanks. After looking at the maps, I will probably take the Ocala route and make a quick 10 minute stop at the Ocala Supercharger to top off.I'm in S Tampa, so you have about a 15 mile advantage on me.

I've made it from the cars and coffee in St. Pete to PVB non stop. I4 to I95 is the faster route, via ocala is a bit slower. it is doable if you don't exceed the speed limits, you could always do a stop at St Aug. if necessary.

Hey Steve,

Because I can't stop myself... Where's Waldo?

Sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: LoL Rick and Alaron
Made the trip with no problem. Because of the storms on Monday, opted for the I-4 route to have Port Orange as a backup. Started with 249 (98% charge for my 3 year old beast). Arrived at the St Augustine supercharger with 30 miles to spare. That was after driving through raging storms until I got through Orlando. Lower speeds helped set off range loss caused by rain.

Side note: the "food court" near the St Augustine SC is hideous. Only three choices (they divided one to make the choices appear like 4). I recommend you drive through one of the burger joints on the way in. Being the gourmet that I am, I opted for a foot long chili cheese hotdog at the food court. Got a dried up dog with cheese whiz and a brown sauce they held next to a photo of beef,as it certainly had no meat in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaron
Made the trip with no problem. Because of the storms on Monday, opted for the I-4 route to have Port Orange as a backup. Started with 249 (98% charge for my 3 year old beast). Arrived at the St Augustine supercharger with 30 miles to spare. That was after driving through raging storms until I got through Orlando. Lower speeds helped set off range loss caused by rain.

Side note: the "food court" near the St Augustine SC is hideous. Only three choices (they divided one to make the choices appear like 4). I recommend you drive through one of the burger joints on the way in. Being the gourmet that I am, I opted for a foot long chili cheese hotdog at the food court. Got a dried up dog with cheese whiz and a brown sauce they held next to a photo of beef,as it certainly had no meat in it.
When Rick and I road tripped, we dined on a lovely chicken pasta salad with fruit in it that I'd made, and on the way back on a delicious lentil, feta and cranberry salad I'd made in our hotel room the night before we left. You just aren't doing it right!

When Rick and I road tripped, we dined on a lovely chicken pasta salad with fruit in it that I'd made, and on the way back on a delicious lentil, feta and cranberry salad I'd made in our hotel room the night before we left. You just aren't doing it right!

I'm sorry, but that stuff is just way too healthy. I was able to save myself later at a pub in Ponte Vedra. Shepards Pie with a couple pints of local brewed IPA. Neutralized the cheese whiz.

Let me know when you roadtrip west........I want to partake in your meals on wheels program please.

• Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I've been to that food court. It is not nearly as flavorful as you describe. I walked to the IHOP nearby.