Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tan Headliner & Interior Trim Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swapped out my Tan Alcantara headliner and trim for Charcoal.

Selling the following complete upper trim kit in Tan Alcantara :

– Headliner
– Headliner Cross Beam
– 2 x A, B & C Upper Pillars
– 2 x Sun Visors & Clips
–––––––––––––
10 Pieces Total

Parts came out of my 2015 85D with only 18,000 miles. My understanding is headliner will fit all Model S's with AP1 and before (my charcoal replacement came from a 2016 and had the exact same part number).

I carefully removed all the parts myself, all are in mint condition with all tabs and clips intact.

All parts have been wrapped and will get another wrap of bubble, then be shipped in the original Tesla headliner box.

Box is 60" x 72" x 12"

Price = $1,250 shipped to the lower 48 (or $1,000 picked up in Boston).

tan-trim-1-jpeg.303427
tan-trim-2-jpeg.303428
tan-trim-3-jpeg.303429
tan-trim-4-jpeg.303430
tan-trim-5-jpeg.303431
tan-trim-6-jpeg.303432
tan-trim-7-jpeg.303433
tan-trim-8-jpeg.303434

More pics available on request.

and how much $ did your replacemt set cost you?....My local service shop is quoting $1660 parts and labor for the black suede.

Any pro tips from your install?

I picked up most of the Charcoal pieces individually over time as folks sold them. Total price was around $1,250 with shipping, which is what I'm selling the tan set for. Several folks on here (Henry/Autobahn, etc.) do get the charcoal headliners in occasionally. The main problem is shipping them. They are quite light, but the dims / packaging are a hassle. I finally found someone who had the original box the headliner was shipped in from Tesla, so it was no big deal to ship. I will be shipping these in that same box.

The only thing to be aware of going to a Service Center for this is that they are going to want to remove your front windshield to do the headliner swap. That is TOTALLY unnecessary as the headliner is quite flexible and easily squeezes out the back hatch with no issues at all.

I also forgot to add in the original post that I will supply all the original installation PDF's from the official Tesla Service Manual. If you PM me, I can send them to you as well.

It is a pretty straightforward job that I did on my own in a day. Just need a good set of nylon spudgers / pry tools, and some Torx bits for your screwdriver. The most difficult part is disconnecting/reconnecting 2 of the 4 wires that connect to the windshield, as they are kind of deep in the AP housing. Definitely would help to have someone hold a flashlight for that part. Most of those connections have squeeze clips to disengage, so don't just try to yank them loose. Also seems simple, but the Service Manual neglected to mention that you need to remove the front clips for the sun visors to release the headliner, which took me a sec to figure out.

The MAIN warning I would give (as when doing anything involving the electronics on these cars) is to make sure you have at least one of the windows rolled down––just in case. As I was doing the swap, the screen would occasionally light up so I simply kept tapping the on-screen "Power Off" button to put it back to sleep. At one point, though, my foot accidentally touched the brake and fully turned the car on. Since many of the headliner electronics were disconnected, it started throwing all these fault alerts and beeping like crazy. The on-screen "Power Off" button then would not shut the car down. As the beeping was wearing on my nerves, I thought I would try hopping out and shutting the car down with the key fob. After jumping out and shutting all the doors, the key fob would not unlock the car / make the door handles present (likely due to all the electronics being unplugged). Even the external button on the hatch would not work. As I was several stories down in an underground parking garage, the car was not receiving signal from the App either. After nothing else would work, I ended up just going old-school and using a coat-hanger through the passenger window to snag the inside door handle and pop the door open. Certainly sucked for a few while I figured that out...

Again feel free to PM me if you have any other specific questions.

Last edited:
I picked up most of the Charcoal pieces individually over time as folks sold them. Total price was around $1,250 with shipping, which is what I'm selling the tan set for. Several folks on here (Henry/Autobahn, etc.) do get the charcoal headliners in occasionally.......through the passenger window to snag the inside door handle and pop the door open. Certainly sucked for a few while I figured that out...
Again feel free to PM me if you have any other specific questions.

Good deal. thanks for the info and update.

Was off the grid for a bit, so reposting this.

I'd take $700 local pickup in Boston or $900 shipped to a transit hub in the Lower 48.

Will put up on eBay if I don't get any takers this week.

Not sure about the fit with pre-AP vehicles, since there is a cut-away around where the AP1 camera is.

Maybe post a photo of what the area behind the rear view mirror looks like on yours. More info in the thread on the install and I will include pdf's of all the relevant Tesla Service Manual instructions to install.

Cheers !

Last edited:
Bump !

Was off the grid for a bit, so reposting this.

I'd take $700 local pickup in Boston or $900 shipped to a transit hub in the Lower 48.

Will put up on eBay if I don't get any takers this week.

Not sure about the fit with pre-AP vehicles, since there is a cut-away around where the AP1 camera is.

More info in the thread on the install and I will include pdf's of all the relevant Tesla Service Manual instructions to install.

Cheers !