TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tan Next Gen seats question

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tennis, May 6, 2016.

1. tennis

tennis Member

Has Tesla always used the same tan leather? I ordered a Model S 70D (yesterday!) and am going back and forth on tan or black next gen seats -- my friend has tan seats in his 70D and I really do not like the color... he would have gotten his about a year ago. Is this the color tan I can expect?

2. tennis

tennis Member

For anyone wondering, the tan leather has never changed (as in Tesla has never changed the color to a different variation).

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

Mine is turning color. It's turning gray on the seat back :(

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Not good. How long have you had the car and how many miles do you have on it? And only the seat backs and not the bottoms too?

5. smsprague

smsprague Member

My Tan drives dear discolored on both the back and bottom in about 18K miles. No new jeans or belts. Wear the same clothes in my 7 year old Acura MDX without issue. If I was going to order again I would skip the leather.

6. sorka

sorka Active Member

Just over a year. 20K miles. The Lexus SC400 I sold two years ago had 334K miles with no sign of dark staining. I've had the same belts and pants for years and years. All the other cars I've had that have tan leather have never stained like these do.

7. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I have never had tan leather seats before. Mostly black but I do have these:

[​IMG]