Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tap Advanced 5 times to force car to check for latest software update [Update: debunked, not true]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DD12D16E-9754-42B8-A47F-DAFDF06C4846.jpeg
Don’t know if it works

I’m not sure if pushing update 5 times is what causes it. Just going to the software screen triggers it to check for an update. Just went to my car that has been sleeping all night, went to the software menu screen, it said checking for updates and then said update available! BTW the past couple days I’ve been doing that... but always got “software up to date”

Last edited:
Interesting - MX 75D MCU1/AP2.5 EAP - currently on 2019.32.12.7
Tried the above hack and nothing happened. From TeslaFi firmware stats, It seems like there are two independent pushes happening now:
2019.36.2.1​

I wonder if both are considered to be the latest patches depending on model/configuration?

Reactions: brkaus
So from what I can tell, if you go into software it will check. It's similar to how on an iphone you are eligible for an update but you don't immediately get an alert. However, if you go in and check it will allow you to download. There is no need to tap anything 3 times. You can see when you go into software, it's checking for an update.

Reactions: plumazul and bijan
So from what I can tell, if you go into software it will check. It's similar to how on an iphone you are eligible for an update but you don't immediately get an alert. However, if you go in and check it will allow you to download. There is no need to tap anything 3 times. You can see when you go into software, it's checking for an update.
Not me. I've gone into that screen a bunch of times to see about the 5% power update and nothing.

The only thing that worked for me was the OPs suggestion.

Reactions: Tres_Azul and Shemp