TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tapatalk not displaying new forums

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by anticitizen13.7, May 13, 2015.

1. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Anyone else unable to see the new Model 3 forum or Model X subforums?

I can't browse to new forums in Tapatalk. The only way I can access is by subscribing through web browser on my notebook.

2. swaltner

swaltner Member

I've noticed that on my iPad/iPhone running Tapatalk Pro when a new category is created. It usually corrects after a day or two. I think I also help it along by force-killing Tapatalk to force a refresh. This is done by double-tapping the home button and swiping up on the app to kill its current state.

3. anticitizen13.7

I tried both force shutdown of the app and signing out and back in… it did not work :-(

4. swaltner

swaltner Member

You could also try forcing a reload of the forum that contains the new forums by dragging past the top of the list of items. When you do this, you'll get a refresh symbol, and then a spinning cursor as it forces the refresh. That's a standard gesture in iOS. This same gesture is also convenient at times when simply browsing the various forums.

Check Mail in iOS 6 with a Pull-to-Refresh Gesture | OSXDaily has a screen shot in case I'm not explaining this clearly.

5. anticitizen13.7

I tried the "pull to refresh" in Tapatalk, but the spinning icon that indicates refresh doesn't appear in the "browse all subforums" menu :-(

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

After seeing this thread, I brought it up to doug. However, testing on my iPhone, all the forums show.