TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tapatalk not displaying new forums

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by anticitizen13.7, May 13, 2015.

1. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018

Anyone else unable to see the new Model 3 forum or Model X subforums?

I can't browse to new forums in Tapatalk. The only way I can access is by subscribing through web browser on my notebook.

2. swaltner

swaltner Member

I've noticed that on my iPad/iPhone running Tapatalk Pro when a new category is created. It usually corrects after a day or two. I think I also help it along by force-killing Tapatalk to force a refresh. This is done by double-tapping the home button and swiping up on the app to kill its current state.

3. anticitizen13.7

I tried both force shutdown of the app and signing out and back in… it did not work :-(

4. swaltner

swaltner Member

You could also try forcing a reload of the forum that contains the new forums by dragging past the top of the list of items. When you do this, you'll get a refresh symbol, and then a spinning cursor as it forces the refresh. That's a standard gesture in iOS. This same gesture is also convenient at times when simply browsing the various forums.

Check Mail in iOS 6 with a Pull-to-Refresh Gesture | OSXDaily has a screen shot in case I'm not explaining this clearly.

5. anticitizen13.7

I tried the "pull to refresh" in Tapatalk, but the spinning icon that indicates refresh doesn't appear in the "browse all subforums" menu :-(

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

After seeing this thread, I brought it up to doug. However, testing on my iPhone, all the forums show.