TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by dsm363, Jul 20, 2012.

1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

I swear by Tapatalk now. Paid $2.99 for the iPhone version and $4.99 for the iPad HD version. Far, far quicker to keep up with all the activity on TMC than with the website while still retaining forum hierarchy and structure. Launching photo views (spanning the page/thread) or videos is that much more nifty. The Unread and Participated thread views is great!

And, yes, I don't really miss the signatures (which can be turned off on the website too, I realized) - I open the web view only as needed (to respond to polls, to look at signatures or the blurb beneath the avatars to find out what a poster's reservation sequence number is and such).

Have to add that the iPhone version is a little more crash prone than the iPad version but, overall, a great app and worth the $$.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I'm not sure I've seen the site on an iPad. You don't have any trouble navigating with your fingers?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

No issues using full version on iPad with the browser. Helps to enlarge a bit if you use the little blue buttot that takes you to the first unread post.

Can't do polls w/TapaTalk, but I think it's muck easier for browsing & reading than the full site.

Via Tapatalk HD

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I've noticed recently that loading images seems to crash the iPad version more. Ironically, this came after an update whose changelist simply stated "bug fixes".

I do agree they should implement poll functionality, but often I'll read a thread, not realize it's a poll, and not really care that I missed it.

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It works fine. I agree with efusco that increasing the clickable size of the 'first post' icon would help.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

+1
    Haven't used the forum on an IPad recently (last 3 months), but I definitely used the zoom workaround when I was.

7. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Switched. Looks good.

One thing has changed in the last couple of days - not sure if it is related to why you are doing: Using tapatalk on iPad, whenever I say 'show in safari' (which shows the page in embedded safari), it shows the page correctly then switches apps to Safari to show the URL http://www.google.com/pagead/drt/ui. Any idea where that URL comes from? I guess it is a popup window?

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Maybe tapatalk is trying to send you an ad? Everything I've been doing for the past couple weeks has been on a clone of the site on a test server. So nothing that affects the TMC forum proper. I only started rolling a few things out in the last 10 hours.

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'm getting the same here Doug. Don't think it's an ad as I see a different ad on each refresh, unless it's the underlying ad code.

10. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

That URL is the google Adwords URL. Done some searching, but can't find anyone complaining to tapatalk. I guess if nothing's changed here, I'll raise a ticket to them and see if they can narrow it down.

11. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Loving the new look and the Gallery pane (a la Flipboard) in Tapatalk HD for iOS 6!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351835116.290093.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351835138.385967.jpg

12. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

Can't wait to check that out on my new iPad Mini / iPod Maxi... wait, I'm in NJ... no power, no deliveries. Can I get a Aww? :)

13. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Heh, am I the only one not using the HD version on the iPad? Something about all those panes bug me. I do like that flipboard view though!

14. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Site access with Tapatalk

Anyone else having trouble using Tapatalk to access the forums today (and yesterday)? The wifi at work has been unpredictable in the past, but I was getting decent chrome browser access on my phone today.

15. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Nope, working normally

16. GDH

GDH Banned

I'm on it now.

17. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

No problem for me! Have been using it for a month now during my Indonesia trip!

No, even on vacation I need my TMC shot!

Sent from my phone, so my apologies for typos.

18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Ok... I've been using tapatalk on iOs (non HD) for a while now and the current version (2.7.3) just failed (on both ios6 and ios7) authenticating to TMC...

It first kicked me off the ios7, tried logging in (locked myself out) waited over 15 minutes and kicked me out on ios6 (both devices now not authenticated) and the PW still works on the website... (I changed my email address twice to verify PW).

Anyone else suffering like me? BTW, I do NOT have a Tapatalk account, I just log in directly to TMC.

19. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Ok... Resolved itself in a couple of hours... Weird, wonder if the support email I sent them did any good.

20. swaltner

swaltner Member

I use Tapatalk Pro on both my phone and iPad. I also login using my tmc account directly, not using a Tapatalk account. I didn't notice the issue you described, even during the last 90 minutes. Odd, at least it's working now.