Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tapping 12V from passenger kick panel fuses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where a constant 12V is available in the passenger kick panel (or other places) so that I can run a line back to the trunk to run a small cooler?

I didn't want to tap into the powerlift module, since I want a dedicated line.

This is from a refresh model S 2017 (september build)

I removed the plastic panel and pulled back the carpeting.

model S kick panel fuses.jpg

link.I liked the separate spare circuit with its own fuse that is shown in the link. However, UtahKen mentions that is is only for pre-facelifted Model S'.. I have a 2018. Is there a "spare" circuit available in the newer cars like the one shown in the link ?

I still dont have a clear picture about where to find a switched 12v source near under dash. The original OP and link of this post showed a really nice source of 11 amp / 12 vdc switched and fused power but constrained that to pre-facelift cars. I am in search of a similar solution for my '18 P100D....

@nevrenuf, I am posting the fuse box location and fuses here from the other thread. I tested with a multimeter several of the fuses. For instance, I don't have heated steering wheels, or rear seat heaters, so when I pulled those fuses and inserted my voltmeter in the hot side of the fuse slot, the battery voltage was present on those while the car was active, but when I shut the door and the car locked, the voltage was turned off, ie switched. So you can use a fuse tap to get those.

Note the comment that says that fuses may be installed in circuits that don't exist on your car.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...rid=2D87LW35WTCYU&rh=i:aps,k:micro+2+fuse+tap

2016 Fuse diagram2.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Lucky_Man
You can run line up to the mirror. There is a 12v constant power source there we use for blackvue dash cams. It is in an unused (in the US) connector in the housing. You can look up dash cam installs for details if you go that route.

I'm planning to connect to the constant power source above the rear view mirror (as I'm assuming it hasn't changed from my pre-refresh early 2016 Model S to my June 2018 Model S). However, are there any other locations with constant power that can be tapped into from within the cabin? I'd like to explore setting up two dual dash cams to capture the sides, too. I couldn't seem to find anything yet.

So finding a tap a fuse thing locally that has three blades (Tesla fuses) is like finding a hens tooth. Sure I can order online, but wanted to finish this sub/amp install tomorrow.
So...anyone know which color wire on that passenger side kick panel feeds to one of those switched circuits that I can tap into? The wires that go to F202? Or F230 since I dont have rear heated seats, would work?
Anyone? Help! Thanks.