TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tapping into ambient lighting

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by spatterso911, Apr 26, 2013.

1. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Anyone have any ideas on how to tap into the ambient lighting power supply. I am working on a lighting project that I want to work only when the ambient lighting comes on.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Sent via Tapatalk

2. zeron

zeron Member

There might be a fuse for ambient lighting you can piggyback on.

3. spatterso911

Fuse box diagrams only seem to outline a single 30A fuse for "lighting: exterior/interior"... May not be an option, unless I'm missing something.

Sent via Tapatalk

4. spatterso911

5. Franklymade

Franklymade Member

Hi spatterso911
    I'm working on the same thing I will tap in to the ambient light in the doors next week. will post up date

6. Zextraterrestrial

hmm sounds fun...never thought about messing with that, just the f&trunk lighting

7. spatterso911

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how you did it. Please take photos during your tear down and tap project!

8. invisik

invisik Supporting Member

Hi! Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm looking to tap into the ambient lighting circuit somewhere too... did anyone successfully do it?

Thanks for any info..

-m