Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tapping into ambient lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never really paid attention to the footwell, being one of the “ambient” lights; Footwells come on when I enter or exit or when the dome lights are on..I more so notice the led strip under the armrest going on and off based on outside lighting (night or day or maybe long tunnel)

I would say tap into that one, but if the footwells do in fact turn on in the same manner then yea footwell would works as well..

Good luck..

Hey everyone,

I got this for christmas and want to wire it up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0899XBHMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I do not want to use the taps that are located at the VC_Left. I am hoping to have it turn on with the ambient lighting and have the ability to control it through the screen. Has anyone been successful with this? Can I just tap the power from one of the footwell lights?

Thanks,

Sugi

Why?

Just follow this video. Takes ~15 minutes to install

You turn them on in the armrest when it's dark and turn them off when you're done driving. Pretty simple

tzRi2vB.jpg

Reactions: XLR82XS
Hey everyone,

I got this for christmas and want to wire it up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0899XBHMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I do not want to use the taps that are located at the VC_Left. I am hoping to have it turn on with the ambient lighting and have the ability to control it through the screen. Has anyone been successful with this? Can I just tap the power from one of the footwell lights?

Thanks,

Sugi
I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I have the same ones and I just leave them plugged in. I use the app and schedule them to turn on at a certain time and turn off at another time(like turn on 6pm turn off 11pm). it works for me.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Never really paid attention to the footwell, being one of the “ambient” lights; Footwells come on when I enter or exit or when the dome lights are on..I more so notice the led strip under the armrest going on and off based on outside lighting (night or day or maybe long tunnel)

I would say tap into that one, but if the footwells do in fact turn on in the same manner then yea footwell would works as well..

Good luck..

I thought there's no lights on the armrest anymore...