Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Accessories FYI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe there was an issue with this a while back and TESLA resolved in an update. Yes you don’t need data for a wireless charger. Just power. I know most companies are just supplying a power cable for charging to eliminate any possible charging issue. I never was affected by this. If that’s what the issue is I think you’ll be alright.

Hey guys, quick question.
Is it possible to just use ONE splitter and plug both charging pad ends in that one splitter or do I have to use both splitters?
I want to plug my USB directly into the USB slot with no hub/splitter. Drew a picture to make sense of what I'm asking. In other words, is picture two possible or does it HAVE to be like picture one?

Imgur
Imgur

Hey guys, quick question.
Is it possible to just use ONE splitter and plug both charging pad ends in that one splitter or do I have to use both splitters?
I want to plug my USB directly into the USB slot with no hub/splitter. Drew a picture to make sense of what I'm asking. In other words, is picture two possible or does it HAVE to be like picture one?

Imgur
Imgur
I never tried using just 1 splitter for both pad connections since it says very clearly in the directions to use the thinner of both splitter cables for the pad connections. If that wasn't necessary, they wouldn't have gone to the expense of supplying 2 splitters. Mine has been working perfectly for 2 months since using both splitters. I use the thick end of one of the splitters for my sentry flashdrive.

Last edited: