Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Center Console Delivered Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine today. It was very tight to install..even angling the console down.

There’re were not enough gloss black...only the back rotating door is gloss black. The front sliding door is dull plastic.

The evanex console has higher end look compare to the Taptes

I got mine today. It was very tight to install..even angling the console down.

There’re were not enough gloss black...only the back rotating door is gloss black. The front sliding door is dull plastic.

The evanex console has higher end look compare to the Taptes
Your critique of the plastic choice is unfounded since it's a replica of the OEM version which also has "dull plastic" as you put it for the front cup holder cover portion.

Reactions: Nina Young
I’m confused. From the pics, it looks like the portion that slides over the cup holder is leather. Is it actually plastic? Also, is the cover automatic — ie, if you push on it does it fully extend on its own like the OEM or do you have to pull it the entire way?

I just drove my first loaner today and didn’t realize how much I missed a center console. Nervous to buy this though....

Pre-ordered mine on the 29th to get in before the 3/31 ship date. Added performance pedals as well. As of this morning, the pedals have shipped and the console is "being prepared for shipment".

Did anyone else order during this production run? I'm curious how long shipping will take to the east coast, but I guess the pedals will be an indicator.

the double sliding door is plastic...look cheap to me.
The rotating door towards the USB plug is piano black finish.

In general, half the cost of factory....I am happy with it

It looks identical to factory in my car so I'm pretty pleased. Service Advisor is a neighbor of mine and he can't tell the difference he said at a quick glance, only time it shows is the slight gap for the piano black finish towards the center console.

I had the Taptes CCI for a few weeks now....progress report

1) The rotating door does not stay close. Most of the time it will stay close for a few minutes then pop open.
I do not store anything in this box to force it open...stay empty all the time.
2) the gloss black door is pealing away from the backing. It seem like the glue is not holding

I have contacted Taptes. I will keep the forum posted on the outcome regarding their exchange and customer service respond.
It seem that at $500...the quality control needs to be a lot better. At this point, I would not recomend buying this console

IMG_0353.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mambro
I should not have to super glue anything when it’s a brand new console that cost $500ish.

Still not heard back from Taptes...regarding the fix or exchange.

I WOULD NOT ORDER FEOM THIS VENDOR..if they don’t back up their product.

I looked at the design of the rotating door. It’s not adjustable in any way to make it latch better. It was just a poor design

The gloss door design is held together w tiny screws that will not held through time. The screws do not make enough penetration into the door. They didn’t even bother to put adhesive to help the bonding

I should not have to super glue anything when it’s a brand new console that cost $500ish.

Still not heard back from Taptes...regarding the fix or exchange.

I WOULD NOT ORDER FEOM THIS VENDOR..if they don’t back up their product.

I looked at the design of the rotating door. It’s not adjustable in any way to make it latch better. It was just a poor design

The gloss door design is held together w tiny screws that will not held through time. The screws do not make enough penetration into the door. They didn’t even bother to put adhesive to help the bonding

Sorry to hear you are having problems, I think the best course is to continue reaching out and potentially look at some fixes you can implement. I still have nothing but good things to say about mine fwiw.