Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Center Console Delivered Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered in December, delivered this morning. Took substantially more force than I anticipated to install, however, fits exceptionally well. Compared to the Tesla version, I can't tell a difference. Would recommend to those considering a center console.

How did you get it in your car??? I just received mine, and it doesn't fit passed the center arm rest !! Im afraid of damaging my car- How did you fit it in???

Just within a week...
1) my rotating door would not latch. Just a tiny bump on the the road would trip the door open

2) the black gloss finish came detach from the backing

3) very hard and tight to insert the console...u could easily scratch your arm rest console

Taptes is very reluctant to do an exchange because they are in China. I might have to file a claim with my credit card company if I don’t hear back from them

Just got it.. and holy *sugar* it is impossible to install. This this is NOT meant for model S with the drawer space under the screen. It is obvious that the videos they show are for ones without that drawer space under the screen.

I manage to get the console past the cup holders with slight force, and even into the lower “pocket” with much more force than one would think prudent.. but I popped it anyways with a cardboard piece slide between like someone else said. BUT where I’m really stuck is now trying to put the side panels in.. I don’t see how there’s a way the top of the leather side panel is going to fit all the way in between the top of the console and the bottom of the drawer space. I’m surprised that no one mentioned this part.

Any tips/tricks to do this? The console is already in.. so I don’t think it’s easy for me to back out now. Thinking I have to trim off some of the plastic under the leather cloth on the side panel to make it fit..

I agree with you that.... Taptes CCI WAS NOT DESIGN for the version with the cubby under the screen.
You almost have the bend the console slightly to get it in.

Nina and another member on this threads are with TAPTES...and pretend to be a customer...and constantly post one line repsond that it will fit

Just got it.. and holy *sugar* it is impossible to install. This this is NOT meant for model S with the drawer space under the screen. It is obvious that the videos they show are for ones without that drawer space under the screen.

I manage to get the console past the cup holders with slight force, and even into the lower “pocket” with much more force than one would think prudent.. but I popped it anyways with a cardboard piece slide between like someone else said. BUT where I’m really stuck is now trying to put the side panels in.. I don’t see how there’s a way the top of the leather side panel is going to fit all the way in between the top of the console and the bottom of the drawer space. I’m surprised that no one mentioned this part.

Any tips/tricks to do this? The console is already in.. so I don’t think it’s easy for me to back out now. Thinking I have to trim off some of the plastic under the leather cloth on the side panel to make it fit..

It was shocking the force I had to apply, but it fit well once I got it in. For the side panels I moved both chairs as far back as possible and was able to slide it down and it popped in. That was actually the easiest part for me so I may not be understanding the problem. Mine posting some pics?

It was shocking the force I had to apply, but it fit well once I got it in. For the side panels I moved both chairs as far back as possible and was able to slide it down and it popped in. That was actually the easiest part for me so I may not be understanding the problem. Mine posting some pics?

Here some pictures, it’s hard to capture in that tight space.

Here’s the center unit in place. Sitting on top of he yacht floor, which I did not remove as I read somewhere that it should not be a problem.
2DC99BC2-58AB-47B9-8DA9-F6540C87B26C.jpeg

There is a slight gap between the outlets and the unit but I couldn’t get the unit to go any further back, this might make a small difference in fitting the panel but prob not by as much needed to get it in:
29E43408-B581-41D3-9E62-5F43AB9075CD.jpeg

Here’s the front on the passenger side. Is it normal for the bottom of the shelf to come down that much creating this weird gap?? As you can see, the bottom of the shelf is extremely tight against the upper part of the unit.. that’s where I need to fit the top parts of the side panel into.. which is proving to be impossible.
7831A301-64D6-49DB-B3E9-509C1FF5884D.jpeg

Here’s showing the front passenger side when I clip the rear end of the side panel into the hole, and then try to squeeze the front end into place, it’s way to thick on the top and it goes exactly where the bottom of the shelf is currently...
13867806-D0E1-49FF-8DFF-18FBE95DB3A2.jpeg

7F45B7AD-6E83-4426-8FBF-774F41D64A82.jpeg

Attachments

• AF4C10BA-1333-4EF7-9DD1-D6CE1976D8F2.jpeg
    AF4C10BA-1333-4EF7-9DD1-D6CE1976D8F2.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 93
I have the OEM one from 2014, and to take it out, had to unscrew two screws, and push the unit forward to lift it out. That worked.

When reinstalling after I wrapped the rotating door, it takes some good force to slide it back to remove the gap around the USB ports.

Now I need to uninstall and see if this was TESLA built or aftermarket install...

Note my previous car’s EVAnnex CCI

Attachments

• 3DA92F72-E622-430B-8961-9F1C7D9CDF65.jpeg
    3DA92F72-E622-430B-8961-9F1C7D9CDF65.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 90
  • B7CE0422-96BF-4274-8A1D-CEB7D9AEFCC3.jpeg
    B7CE0422-96BF-4274-8A1D-CEB7D9AEFCC3.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: drummerboy7816
One thing I'll throw out there, it does look like it can shift back a bit. Mine sits flush with the DC and USB ports and it looks like there is a bit of a gap there.. You might want to see if you can get it to shift back some?

I do think that has something to do with it, I did try to shift it back some but it doesn’t seem like it can go back any further. Will try again tonight.

One thing I'll throw out there, it does look like it can shift back a bit. Mine sits flush with the DC and USB ports and it looks like there is a bit of a gap there.. You might want to see if you can get it to shift back some?

Do you have the yacht deck underneath? Mine has the glossy deck that has these lines that protrude a bit, I imagine without those, the unit would sit just right and be flush with the outlets