Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Center Console Delivered Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah.. now I think the cubbie drawer popped out partially.. if you look at the third picture there is a gap between the cubbie bottom and the edge.. I must have knocked it loose when I forcing the console in. It's even worst on the driver side. Saw it yesterday but had a hard time trying to pop it back up..

Do you have the yacht deck underneath? Mine has the glossy deck that has these lines that protrude a bit, I imagine without those, the unit would sit just right and be flush with the outlets

I do, and I left it installed. so I took a few shots of mine installed and I think the issue you might have is that your cubby looks disconnected compared to mine? I think that might be causing some of your issues. I attached what mine looks like compared to yours..

Issue.png

MVYqjHq0QamD8fXCR8qplw.jpg

I don't like the Evannex design...there are hardly any storage space at all....really bad use of space
When in 2015 I got my P85, there was no center console from Tesla and then when it came out it was $1250. The CF EVannex at the time was a great unit. It works well, and the cup holder location is idea. I agree, storage is totally waster and wish they'd put out a V2 with improved storage and a little more innovative arrangement not as an exact copy of Tesla. So I liked that. It looked OEM installed.

Alright, it’s finally in!

What happened was that the cubby was indeed unclipped. Once I got it back in, everything fit much better.

I did remove the end plastic piece that was held by 4 small screws and washers in the process and it made fitting it a lot easier. After fitting it, I put that piece back and pressed up up against the wall as much as possible to hold the console in place; however, maybe because of that, the console didn’t fit very snug and has some wiggle room. To make it steady, I wedged a couple microfiber towels in between the end of the console and the yatcht floor end under the cubby/screen and it was secure!

A6B4ACE5-49B0-4949-BD77-62B139221E39.jpeg
2DC7110D-80F8-4BBA-9E5B-FB5E6BF61DD4.jpeg

It’s does look pretty awesome! The black is a bit darker than the black in my car, but it still looks really good overall.

Thanks for al the help!

I do think that has something to do with it, I did try to shift it back some but it doesn’t seem like it can go back any further. Will try again tonight.
Open your 12v plug cover. It should sit back flush after that and your 12v plug cover won't close fully afterwards. I've heard you can turn the cover upside down by removing it and then it will close but it's not that big of a deal to me so I can't say first hand.

I agree with you that.... Taptes CCI WAS NOT DESIGN for the version with the cubby under the screen.
You almost have the bend the console slightly to get it in.

Nina and another member on this threads are with TAPTES...and pretend to be a customer...and constantly post one line repsond that it will fit
Hi Wratran, attention, I am a customer as well, please don't cue me anymore. Thx a lot. BTW, I love the products from TapTes.

• Funny
Reactions: Chaserr
Alright, it’s finally in!

What happened was that the cubby was indeed unclipped. Once I got it back in, everything fit much better.

I did remove the end plastic piece that was held by 4 small screws and washers in the process and it made fitting it a lot easier. After fitting it, I put that piece back and pressed up up against the wall as much as possible to hold the console in place; however, maybe because of that, the console didn’t fit very snug and has some wiggle room. To make it steady, I wedged a couple microfiber towels in between the end of the console and the yatcht floor end under the cubby/screen and it was secure!

View attachment 405719 View attachment 405721

It’s does look pretty awesome! The black is a bit darker than the black in my car, but it still looks really good overall.

Thanks for al the help!
I'm thinking about ordering this would you recommend this

I am thinking about ordering me this, would you recommend this?
No, I wouldn't. Sure, it's like the OEM version for a lot less but that's where the pros end... not sure I think it's worth it after having personally bough two.

For starters, the lead times are quite long. Nothing like shelling out hundreds of dollars and waiting a month or so for something. Hell, you can order and entire Model 3 now and have it in about half the time to put it into perspective. The two that arrived had several QC issues that would have been caught if the company did any QC because they were pretty obvious. Working with "customer service" (I used air quotes to simulate sarcasm BTW) is a chore and they try awfully hard to ghost you if you have any issues at all. They're non-responsive and months later I'm still trying to communicate with them about these issues I had.

At this point, I would recommend biting the bullet and buying the OEM one which is better fit, finish & quality plus you can work with Americans for your order and any subsequent issues or consider one of the 3rd party options from EVANNEX or EVAMPED as a solution. They're much cheaper and from what I've experienced better fit & finish.

Just my two cents worth exactly what you paid for it though so do with that info what you wish.

• Informative
Reactions: Jimmy 1
No, I wouldn't. Sure, it's like the OEM version for a lot less but that's where the pros end... not sure I think it's worth it after having personally bough two.

For starters, the lead times are quite long. Nothing like shelling out hundreds of dollars and waiting a month or so for something. Hell, you can order and entire Model 3 now and have it in about half the time to put it into perspective. The two that arrived had several QC issues that would have been caught if the company did any QC because they were pretty obvious. Working with "customer service" (I used air quotes to simulate sarcasm BTW) is a chore and they try awfully hard to ghost you if you have any issues at all. They're non-responsive and months later I'm still trying to communicate with them about these issues I had.

At this point, I would recommend biting the bullet and buying the OEM one which is better fit, finish & quality plus you can work with Americans for your order and any subsequent issues or consider one of the 3rd party options from EVANNEX or EVAMPED as a solution. They're much cheaper and from what I've experienced better fit & finish.

Just my two cents worth exactly what you paid for it though so do with that info what you wish.
Thanks for talking me out of it. I will hold off for now. I will follow closely.

I concur, love my LED Evamped console, especially the Qi charger in the pocket!

I actually disagree with you guys, I ordered my console with a lot of worries due to the postings here...
My order was placed mid May. The console shipped on may 21st and arrived 9 days later. Installed it today!
To my surprise, it wasn't as difficult as I was expecting (again based on the feedback here) I used a microfiber towel to protect the armrest area and pushed. It went in like a tight glove! looks amazing and it feels it will hold up. only time will tell.

If you guys want I can post some pics.

I actually disagree with you guys, I ordered my console with a lot of worries due to the postings here...
My order was placed mid May. The console shipped on may 21st and arrived 9 days later. Installed it today!
To my surprise, it wasn't as difficult as I was expecting (again based on the feedback here) I used a microfiber towel to protect the armrest area and pushed. It went in like a tight glove! looks amazing and it feels it will hold up. only time will tell.

If you guys want I can post some pics.
Please post. I want to order.