Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Center Console Delivered Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that just a protective layer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190530-185538__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-185538__01.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 117
Go ahead and order just know that 1) the odds of you getting one with an issue are high and 2) the odds of you getting quality customer service once you experience an issue are incredibly low. If you want to roll the dice go for it but you have to be prepared to be out about $500 w/o recourse. If you're fine with that then I say go for it but if you're fine with losing $500 then you should be fine with spending a little bit more to get an OEM one that is known to be good.

Reactions: darxsys
Go ahead and order just know that 1) the odds of you getting one with an issue are high and 2) the odds of you getting quality customer service once you experience an issue are incredibly low. If you want to roll the dice go for it but you have to be prepared to be out about $500 w/o recourse. If you're fine with that then I say go for it but if you're fine with losing $500 then you should be fine with spending a little bit more to get an OEM one that is known to be good.
A little more is 700.00

Reactions: Jamesus
I actually disagree with you guys, I ordered my console with a lot of worries due to the postings here...
My order was placed mid May. The console shipped on may 21st and arrived 9 days later. Installed it today!
To my surprise, it wasn't as difficult as I was expecting (again based on the feedback here) I used a microfiber towel to protect the armrest area and pushed. It went in like a tight glove! looks amazing and it feels it will hold up. only time will tell.

If you guys want I can post some pics.
Did you have the yacht floor? If so, did you remove it first?

I actually disagree with you guys, I ordered my console with a lot of worries due to the postings here...
My order was placed mid May. The console shipped on may 21st and arrived 9 days later. Installed it today!
To my surprise, it wasn't as difficult as I was expecting (again based on the feedback here) I used a microfiber towel to protect the armrest area and pushed. It went in like a tight glove! looks amazing and it feels it will hold up. only time will tell.

If you guys want I can post some pics.
I just received mine and had a similar experience except I wouldn't call it a glove. There is a bit of play that I worry it will rattle during the commute to work. I will report

Well good news. No rattling. It is not locked in like others have describe, but it held my carmel Frappuccino just fine. Well worth the $700 saving compared to the tesla version. We will see how long it holds up. The only quality issue other than the locked in fit, is the spring open gets stuck half way when opening.
20190607_085812.jpg
20190607_085818.jpg
20190607_085832.jpg
20190607_085812.jpg

Attachments

• 20190607_085828.jpg
    20190607_085828.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Jamesus
Well good news. No rattling. It is not locked in like others have describe, but it held my carmel Frappuccino just fine. Well worth the $700 saving compared to the tesla version. We will see how long it holds up. The only quality issue other than the locked in fit, is the spring open gets stuck half way when opening. View attachment 416649 View attachment 416650 View attachment 416652 View attachment 416649
Looks really good! Congrats.
When I installed mine, I pushed it all the way back so there was no gap between the USB /cig lighter plug and the console. And I shoved an old folded up rag at the front of the console - between the yatch floor and the taptes. This really secured it in olace. No rattles or squeaks.

Looks really good! Congrats.
When I installed mine, I pushed it all the way back so there was no gap between the USB /cig lighter plug and the console. And I shoved an old folded up rag at the front of the console - between the yatch floor and the taptes. This really secured it in olace. No rattles or squeaks.
Where exactly did you put the towel?

I see where you put the towel. I am guessing that it applies pressure and pushes it back towards the USB ports and the 12 volt cigarette lighter power supply. When you say open the sliding door, do you mean take out the cubby hole drawer?