Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Center Console Delivered Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received mine last week and just covered the shiny part with carbon fiber wrap.

Attachments

• C0F98FB3-2462-4D4F-8914-4AFF89829F17.jpeg
    C0F98FB3-2462-4D4F-8914-4AFF89829F17.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: nguyentoogood
I just received mine this morning. I had a few quality control issues that I notified Taptes of. The right side of the unit was missing the metal clips for the side baffle . I reached out to them and hopefully they will send them. The piece is a little wobbly without those clips. The door that flips open doesn't lineup perfectly. And doesn't always close easily . I could see myself leaving it open most of the time, but this could be designed better. The order arrived in about 10 days .Not to bad considering it came from China. I created a YouTube video of the installation .

I just received mine this morning. I had a few quality control issues that I notified Taptes of. The right side of the unit was missing the metal clips for the side baffle . I reached out to them and hopefully they will send them. The piece is a little wobbly without those clips. The door that flips open doesn't lineup perfectly. And doesn't always close easily . I could see myself leaving it open most of the time, but this could be designed better. The order arrived in about 10 days .Not to bad considering it came from China. I created a YouTube video of the installation .

Good Video Fiore. - thats where I put the towels.- from the inside of the cubby hole

Reactions: Fiore
Several weeks in..here is an update .The product is very good, but I cannot say great .Demi, from Taptes has been excellent in replying to emails and she did send me out replacement clips that were missing for the r side baffle/trim. Also, they were kind enough to send some free gifts .At this point, my biggest gripe is the door flap which does not stay closed .Demi from Taptes has emailed me and assured their is a fix on the way. I will update.

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_161542.jpg
    IMG_20190626_161542.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 194
Ordered mine at the beginning of this month.. about the 4th of June from memory, From the time they advised me it was being shipped (from China) till the time it arrived here in Ontario, California... total shipping time was 4 days, ... total time from order till receiving... about 22 days... Very happy with the quality of the product from how it seems to far :)

Reactions: Fiore
Several weeks in..here is an update .The product is very good, but I cannot say great .Demi, from Taptes has been excellent in replying to emails and she did send me out replacement clips that were missing for the r side baffle/trim. Also, they were kind enough to send some free gifts .At this point, my biggest gripe is the door flap which does not stay closed .Demi from Taptes has emailed me and assured their is a fix on the way. I will update.
Hi Fiore, I am waiting for the update...

• Love
Reactions: Nina Young
Anyone have any thoughts on the Evannex center consoles? I bought one and have had it for about 2 months and like it quite a bit. It's configuration is a little different than the TapTes and Tesla consoles, but works really well, build quality is good, and good utility, I had a loaner for a week with the Tesla center console and I didn't love the way the compartment nearer to the USB ports opens/closes, and that the cup holders were those metal things, and that you had to choose between cup holders OR a storage area. When I ordered mine, it cost about $499. Arrived in about a week.

Center Console Insert (CCI) for Tesla Model S

Attachments

• Center-Console-Insert-Tesla-Model-S_1024x1024.jpg
    Center-Console-Insert-Tesla-Model-S_1024x1024.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 174
Anyone have any thoughts on the Evannex center consoles? I bought one and have had it for about 2 months and like it quite a bit. It's configuration is a little different than the TapTes and Tesla consoles, but works really well, build quality is good, and good utility, I had a loaner for a week with the Tesla center console and I didn't love the way the compartment nearer to the USB ports opens/closes, and that the cup holders were those metal things, and that you had to choose between cup holders OR a storage area. When I ordered mine, it cost about $499. Arrived in about a week.

Center Console Insert (CCI) for Tesla Model S
I would also choose Evannex center console if I didn't get the TAPTES one, the most important point I choose TAPTES center console just because it's OEM style and the wireless charger box space. And the price is also acceptable to me. But it took 17 days to my door, and really tested my patience.

Reactions: CaryRx
The leather on my sliding door is lifting...so long term quality is not great....6 months

Taptes replace the rotating door once already after 3 months...it wouldn’t stay shut

The Evannex console is pretty decent quality, though I think the $500 price tag is a bit much, but I understand it's probably a small production run so they have bigger costs to spread over a small number of units to sell in order to recoup costs and make a profit.

I like that the TapTes unit is pretty much an OEM look, but, to be honest, when I had a 2018 75D loaner with an OEM center console, I didn't like the pop-up door, and the cup holders were like an afterthought. As neither one of the aftermarket center consoles adds or subtracts from value of the car on resale, I think the value is in the utility to the individual owner. It's nice that there are multiple options on the aftermarket!