Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes front seat covers on my 2022 Model X (plaid)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:) New member here! I got my X plaid delivery in April and this is my first ever electric car. Things are going well so far!

I think the only regret was the seat color. I should have chosen white interior if I did the homework before ordering. Especially in summer, I feel the need to pick white color to make the interior absorb less heat. I came across Taptes seat cover so I ordered their white-color nappa leather front seat cover to give it a try.

Just a post to showcase the result! Looking great so far. I also put on ceramic coating to make the cleaning process easier in the future. The whole install process could take ~3 hours for someone like me. Here is the result photos:

20220626_155711.jpeg

20220626_155805.jpeg

20220626_155711.jpeg

20220626_155705.jpeg

Reactions: Vuvision
:) New member here! I got my X plaid delivery in April and this is my first ever electric car. Things are going well so far!

I think the only regret was the seat color. I should have chosen white interior if I did the homework before ordering. Especially in summer, I feel the need to pick white color to make the interior absorb less heat. I came across Taptes seat cover so I ordered their white-color nappa leather front seat cover to give it a try.

Just a post to showcase the result! Looking great so far. I also put on ceramic coating to make the cleaning process easier in the future. The whole install process could take ~3 hours for someone like me. Here is the result photos:
I really doubt there is significant difference between the cream and the white, maybe a little. The main reason it gets hot is because the entire cabin is encased in glass. WRT to the covering, don’t forget the seats are cooled. It only takes a couple of minutes of climate action to cool them right down, and mine are black. Just turn the climate on before you jump in the car. Also Cabin Overheat limits the interior temp to 105°F. I would think blocking the seat cooling action with a cover might be counter productive.

Last edited: