Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Gen 2 charge pad arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got fast charging to work?

The features description mentions that if connected via a power bank or a 12V adapter then it would work.

So I got a QI compatible powerbank. I think I've tried all USB combinations but never succeed to make it work.

So I've tried:
Powerbank normal USB port -> taptes wireless charger -> slow wireless charging
Powerbank QI 3.0 USB port -> taptes wireless charger -> no charging
Powerbank QI 3.0 USB port -> USB splitter using power only cable -> taptes wireless charger -> slow charging Powerbank QI 3.0 USB port -> Samsung wireless charger -> fast wireless charging.

I tried with the Samsung charger to confirm that with the powerbank it would work ; it does.

Ideas?
Write to Taptes 2 days ago and got no answer

I also tried my Taptes gen 2 with a Samsung note 8 charger
fast charging works.

From what I remember standard USB doesn't provide enough
power for fast charging. What's needed is cigarette to USB adapter. The higher the amperage output on the USB side the better

I haven't tried mine powered by cigarette to USB adapter

I also tried my Taptes gen 2 with a Samsung note 8 charger
fast charging works.

From what I remember standard USB doesn't provide enough
power for fast charging. What's needed is cigarette to USB adapter. The higher the amperage output on the USB side the better

I haven't tried mine powered by cigarette to USB adapter

OK, figured it out.

The powerbank when also charging doesn't support QI. If use on its own, then the taptes wireless pad will fast charge.

Annoying, will return the powerbank.

Any recommendations for one that work with the taptes charger? One fully supporting pass through including QI support?

**10/29/19 UPDATE**
We're giving away ONE taptess wireless charging pad to ONE lucky participant and the way to enter is by commenting in the video, liking the video, and subscribing to the channel. Last day to enter is tomorrow Oct. 30th. We'll be announcing the winner in our upcoming vlog so stay tuned. If you have any questions, PM me as it's easier for me to see and faster for me to respond. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Good luck to everyone!

In case anyone is interested, we're giving away a gen 1 Taptes wireless charging pad to anyone who comments and likes this vlog episode, and subscribes to our youtube channel. We work on a lot of Teslas on a daily basis, and on this ep. we wrapped the center console on a Model 3. Check this out if you're interested!

Last edited:
What you got to lose? *shrug* :)

after we like your post,
In case anyone is interested, we're giving away a gen 1 Taptes wireless charging pad to anyone who comments and likes this vlog episode, and subscribes to our youtube channel. We work on a lot of Teslas on a daily basis, and on this ep. we wrapped the center console on a Model 3. Check this out if you're interested!

subscribed & commented, missing details for free taptes?

Are you giving a charger to every person that comments/likes? Or is it a chance to win?

Are you giving a charger to every person that comments/likes? Or is it a chance to win?

In case anyone is interested, we're giving away a gen 1 Taptes wireless charging pad to anyone who comments and likes this vlog episode, and subscribes to our youtube channel.

this wording indicates "anyone" who comments,
likes this episode & subscribes, I did so, but I
didn't see how I'd receive the charger?

after we like your post,
subscribed & commented, missing details for free taptes?

????

**10/29/19 UPDATE**
We're giving away ONE taptess wireless charging pad to ONE lucky participant and the way to enter is by commenting in the youtube comments section in the video, liking the video, and subscribing to the channel. Last day to enter is tomorrow Oct. 30th. We'll be announcing the winner in our upcoming vlog so stay tuned. If you have any questions, PM me as it's easier for me to see and faster for me to respond. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
after being mislead, how can one take
back my like/comment after clarification
that it's a contest entry for each person
that likes, comment, and subscribes?

you did say 'anyone who!'

At the time of the posting, I honestly thought I was clear especially since I said I will announce the "winner in the next coming weeks", but after going back and rewatching it, I can see the possible confusion. We've been in business for over 18 years and been servicing Teslas since 2013 and only recently decided to showcase our work and show viewers a behind the scene look at how an automotive shop operates on a daily basis (especially one that works on Teslas daily). Long story short, we're new to this youtube thing. I can promise the next giveaway rules will be better detailed.

You can delete your own comment in the comment section, but if you can't for some reason, let me know and I'll remove it for you if you give me your youtube user name. You can also uncheck your own like button too. We're not here to deceive anyone just to gain some views over a video. If you decide to stay in, good luck! Entries end today.

A1CD107C-B7E5-4EA1-89CF-27059E25FA29.jpeg
6928ADD4-7671-40B1-B970-D92C507EB641.jpeg
My taptes gen 2 rubs the cover that folds down over it, they interfere with each other at the top. Anyone else notice this? Either I’ve installed it wrong or mine somehow got mfg wrong or they are all like this?