Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Gen 2 Shipped in open box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Taptes Wireless charger for Model 3 gen 2 from Amazon.
When I opened the amazon packaging the Taptes box was unsealed not wrapped in any plastic or enclosure and was open (not even a plastic seal sticky tab). (The box was closed but not sealed in any way).
Inside the charger base was also not wrapped or covered in any way.
It looks like all the cables are there (and I have not yet had a chance to try it out and see if it works) but there is slight damage on the corners of the outside box. It definitely looks like it was returned and then shipped out without even being resealed and wrapped (but of course I paid for a new one)
I chatted with Amazon and they instantly agreed to take it back for a full refund. If it works, I am somewhat inclined to keep it but maybe I just send it back and order another one and see if that one also arrives unwrapped?
Anyone have a similar experience?

I think you are fine... I haven't had a chance to install mine yet (tint being installed and all) but mine came without plastic or seals and still looks like a proper new item to me.. Did you install yours and test it out? Let me know if yours looked any different than this..

Attachments

• 20200313_191640.jpg
    20200313_191640.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200313_191413.jpg
    20200313_191413.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200313_191351.jpg
    20200313_191351.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 56
Exact same experience. Just a small cardboard box with no markings on it. Not taped shut.

In fact, the charger only lasted about 3 days before it stopped working. I’ve been emailing back and forth with Taptes since yesterday. They agreed to send me a new one today. We will see how it looks. If it doesn’t happen or takes too long, I’ll just get Amazon to send a new one.

Reactions: Gize