Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

taptes gen 3 (15w) wireless charging pad: first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys that ordered directly from Taptes, how long did it take your order to arrive? Mine shipped on August 7th. I was provided with two tracking numbers, one for outside of the US, and one for the USPS leg of the journey. The non-domestic last update was on August 13, showing that it had "departed." The USPS tracking number still tracks as "USPS awaiting package."
One moth exact. 7/27 shenzhen and 8/26 bay area california.
Screenshot_20200911-140431_Chrome.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Anyone able to get 15w out of this? I have tried several QC3 adapter, even taking the pad out and try it with a regular wall adapter and still no go.

I onl get 12v .85amp or so with a S20.

i haven't tried yet, i've been away from home for a while now and i don't have it connected to a 12v power supply yet in the car. when i get home i'll try it at home...

Hi! So glad that I found this post. I’m also thinking of getting the 15W wireless charger for my 2018 Model 3 (that’s has 2 USB-A ports) but before I do so, I have a question. Will an iphone 12 pro max work on this wireless charger and be able to get charged at 15W if the Taptes wireless charger is plugged into those 2 USB-A ports? Or I need to run wires to get it plugged to the 12V outlet?

FYI, I’m a newbie to this so I apologize if this question has been asked Multiples times. Thanks!!

Hi! So glad that I found this post. I’m also thinking of getting the 15W wireless charger for my 2018 Model 3 (that’s has 2 USB-A ports) but before I do so, I have a question. Will an iphone 12 pro max work on this wireless charger and be able to get charged at 15W if the Taptes wireless charger is plugged into those 2 USB-A ports? Or I need to run wires to get it plugged to the 12V outlet?

FYI, I’m a newbie to this so I apologize if this question has been asked Multiples times. Thanks!!
You have to run a new usb charger from the arm rest 12v. The usb A ports cannot provide higher watts. But I don't have a iphone 12 so I have no idea.

I have a dumb question about this pad -- I just installed in my Y and it does not appear that there is anything holding it in place beyond gravity and the "dots" on the back placed in their slots.

The sliding bar doesn't cover it like it does with the OEM pad. Did I install incorrectly or is this just the way it is? It seems to move around very easily with the storage door in front of it open (as I prefer to keep it).

Thanks.

No, the sliding bar won't cover the wireless pad. I ended up Dremelling off the lip on the wireless pad (so it's just flat). Otherwise my s20 ultra wouldn't fit. Even now it's very tight fit for my phone

I have a dumb question about this pad -- I just installed in my Y and it does not appear that there is anything holding it in place beyond gravity and the "dots" on the back placed in their slots.

The sliding bar doesn't cover it like it does with the OEM pad. Did I install incorrectly or is this just the way it is? It seems to move around very easily with the storage door in front of it open (as I prefer to keep it).

Thanks.

So yours is relatively "loose" as well? Seems like an easy fix, with tabs at the bottom, similar to the OEM. Only took 6 weeks to arrive...
With my old phone it was a little bit loose, but when I upgraded my phone it wouldn't even fit. I didn't do the best job cutting the ledge off, so I'll probably order another one and do a better job.

Other then that, it works great... I don't have it setup for 15w charging, but I'll probably do the in the spring

With my old phone it was a little bit loose, but when I upgraded my phone it wouldn't even fit. I didn't do the best job cutting the ledge off, so I'll probably order another one and do a better job.

Other then that, it works great... I don't have it setup for 15w charging, but I'll probably do the in the spring
I'm talking about the pad itself, not how phones fit on the pad. The sliding bar does not overlap the pad on my Model Y, so the pad can be lifted up easily even with the bar on and the whole pad is not firmly in place at all. It moves around.

i think iphones will only charge at 7.5w max.

Just received mine, 2 months after ordering to replace the Taptes version 1. I'm delighted to report that the 15w wireless charger fits both the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max in vertical position. Even the top cover will close (I forgot that was even there). Phew!Taptes 15w pre June 2020.jpg